2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

Registered
Just what exactly did the kit consist of, B6 struts and shocks, and Eibach springs??? There's not to much info about that kit. What are the spring dimensions? Way more info required, part numbers will really help us to analyze the situation. If it dropped in the rear, something isn't right. It sure is expensive!!!馃槑
Bilstein site lists the part number 46-280206. Yes it is the B6 struts and shocks with Eibach springs. I ordered from Summitracing.com same part number because they had 1 kit in stock. I have a number that was printed on the rear springs if that helps 312801601 RA . I've submitted a technical support email to Bilstein, Summitracing and Eibach about 15 minutes ago. Maybe they can answer my question.

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Ok, did some digging. That kit is stock spec replacement B6 shocks and struts, with 30mm taller Eibach springs. 30mm equals 1.18 inches. That makes me feel a little better about the fact that the dampeners are extended 1.18 inches above where they are designed to run. Unlike the Dobinson kit which uses longer springs AND longer struts and shocks. Not sure about that, but it still doesn't explain the drop in the rear, BUT it could help explain why it is an inch higher in the front than it's advertised to be.?.?...馃馃槑

Registered
Ok, did some digging. That kit is stock spec replacement B6 shocks and struts, with 30mm taller Eibach springs. 30mm equals 1.18 inches. That makes me feel a little better about the fact that the dampeners are extended 1.18 inches above where they are designed to run. Unlike the Dobinson kit which uses longer springs AND longer struts and shocks. Not sure about that, but it still doesn't explain the drop in the rear, BUT it could help explain why it is an inch higher in the front than it's advertised to be.?.? Cuz ya, there's spacers on the stock Trailhawk suspension...馃馃槑
[/QUO
Ok, did some digging. That kit is stock spec replacement B6 shocks and struts, with 30mm taller Eibach springs. 30mm equals 1.18 inches. That makes me feel a little better about the fact that the dampeners are extended 1.18 inches above where they are designed to run. Unlike the Dobinson kit which uses longer springs AND longer struts and shocks. Not sure about that, but it still doesn't explain the drop in the rear, BUT it could help explain why it is an inch higher in the front than it's advertised to be.?.? Cuz ya, there's spacers on the stock Trailhawk suspension...馃馃槑
The front is higher by about 1.18" so doesn't that mean the front is exactly right as advertised and Its the rear that is now wrong?

Registered
The front is higher by about 1.18" so doesn't that mean the front is exactly right as advertised and Its the rear that is now wrong?
Oh, my mistake, I thought you were closer to 2". I think you're missing the stock "Trailhawk" spacers under the springs. That would definitely do it. Check it out, and keep us posted...馃槑

Registered
Oh, my mistake, I thought you were closer to 2". I think you're missing the stock "Trailhawk" spacers under the springs. That would definitely do it. Check it out, and keep us posted...馃槑
Yeah I'm driving to the mechanic first thing in the morning because he forgot to replace the strut mount caps so I'm guessing he forgot the rear spacers.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
I don't know, take pictures of what's going on under there with the springs. Mine is different, MFC 2" lift, RWCK. gained a full 2" in front, 1 1/2 in the rear. Will be replacing with the B6 dampeners on all four corners when the time comes. Been perfect, no issues, rides and handles the same as stock, and aligned perfectly. Love the setup...馃槑

Registered
I don't know, take pictures of what's going on under there with the springs. Mine is different, MFC 2" lift, RWCK. gained a full 2" in front, 1 1/2 in the rear. Will be replacing with the B6 dampeners on all four corners when the time comes. Been perfect, no issues, rides and handles the same as stock, and aligned perfectly. Love the setup...馃槑
I spoke with the parts department at my dealership and I returned to the mechanic. The dealership said it does not come with factory spacers and the mechanic said it did not have factory spacers so there's no explanation for why it dropped .25" instead of lifting 1.18".

Registered
I spoke with the parts department at my dealership and I returned to the mechanic. The dealership said it does not come with factory spacers and the mechanic said it did not have factory spacers so there's no explanation for why it dropped .25" instead of lifting 1.18".
Hmmm??? Well, since you are literally the first person I've seen that is trying that setup, so not a lot known about it. There's plenty of guys with the Dobinson kit. Though they appear similar, the fact that your Bilstien is running supposedly longer springs, but retains stock strut and shock lengths would have me a little concerned...Maybe someone else has a little more knowledge about it...馃馃槑

Registered
Hmmm??? Well, since you are literally the first person I've seen that is trying that setup, so not a lot known about it. There's plenty of guys with the Dobinson kit. Though they appear similar, the fact that your Bilstien is running supposedly longer springs, but retains stock strut and shock lengths would have me a little concerned...Maybe someone else has a little more knowledge about it...馃馃槑
Bilstein contacted me this morning and said the number printed on the rear spring doesn't match what the spring is supposed to be in their kit.

Registered
Bilstein contacted me this morning and said the number printed on the rear spring doesn't match what the spring is supposed to be in their kit.
Well, that could shed some light on the situation. So they were like, oh our bad, we sent you the wrong springs...That definitely sucks, considering they're already installed...The guys packing kits had one job!!! LOL...Keep us posted...馃槑

Registered
Is it a fact that the Hazard Sky 1.5" lift only increases the strut by sliding the strut knuckle down and adding a new bolt to pinch it in place with no spacer? That is unacceptable to me.

Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
The MFC kit does the same thing. Those rings you add above the knuckle do nothing to keep them in place. Your current strut without the knuckle drop is relying purely on the tension from the one bolt too. The flimsy metal bracket holding the speed sensor and brake line do nothing to keep the knuckle in place and would shred easily if the knuckle bolt was off torque enough.

Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
Plenty of folks on here, myself included, who have done the knuckle drop and added nothing above the knuckle (since it's not necessary) and have been driving around for thousands of kilometers without issue or wheeling hard without issue.

If memory serves only one person has ever had an issue with the knuckle sliding after the drop and it's possible it was an issue with either the bolt and nut or wrong torque.

Registered
Plenty of folks on here, myself included, who have done the knuckle drop and added nothing above the knuckle (since it's not necessary) and have been driving around for thousands of kilometers without issue or wheeling hard without issue.

If memory serves only one person has ever had an issue with the knuckle sliding after the drop and it's possible it was an issue with either the bolt and nut or wrong torque.
Thank you for the Information.

Registered
2016 - North - Black/Smoked - MFC 2" lift - TH 17" wheels - 245/70 Cooper AT3s - KN 63 series CAI
Has anyone installed the RC kit on a non TH and installed 32s? I bought the kit and want 32s but looking to see what issues I might run into. According to the lift install guide I cant go wider than 245 with stock rims without rub, but the TH wheels have less offset and will allow up to 255s. The offset difference is 10mm, and Im thinking spacers will correct this. So with the kit and spacers in theory I should be able to run 255/75 r17. Also I'm wondering if I would need spacers in both the front and rear, or if just the front. I feel like with a 10mm difference in offset the rear should be fine without spacers. Any insight would be appreciated.

Registered
hi, has anyone have used the new MFC 2/5" LIFT KIT ???. im thinking on getting it as it advertises that can fit a 32" tire without trimming.

comments?

Registered
hi, has anyone have used the new MFC 2/5" LIFT KIT ???. im thinking on getting it as it advertises that can fit a 32" tire without trimming.

comments?
No lift is going to fit a 32 without pinch weld mod, and trimming. I run the MFC 2" with 30.6 245/70's because I didn't want to do any cutting, trimming and grinding...馃槑

Registered
No lift is going to fit a 32 without pinch weld mod, and trimming. I run the MFC 2" with 30.6 245/70's because I didn't want to do any cutting, trimming and grinding...馃槑
thanks for answering
MFC says in the webpage that the extra .5" inch lift, make it possible to fit them without the trimming.
here's the link
2.5鈥 Lift Kit

i could not find any forum mentioning this one as is relatively new to MFC, im interested to know if anyone has ever used this one , and if its recomendable or not going for the extra .5" . as in the forums says that more than 2" is not recommendable (i guess those are referring to the mfc+ 3 " lift)
thanks in advance

Registered
thanks for answering
MFC says in the webpage that the extra .5" inch lift, make it possible to fit them without the trimming.
here's the link
2.5鈥 Lift Kit

i could not find any forum mentioning this one as is relatively new to MFC, im interested to know if anyone has ever used this one , and if its recomendable or not going for the extra .5" . as in the forums says that more than 2" is not recommendable (i guess those are referring to the mfc+ 3 " lift)
thanks in advance
Even the 3" will require trimming. I personally don't recommend going over 2" if you want to have capability and dependability. A handful of others may disagree with me, but there's many threads on here about the goods, the bads and the uglies of lifting our KL's. Over 2" greatly increases wear and tear on many driveline, suspension, and steering components. I've had the unfortunate opportunity, far too many times to have to say "I told you so" when people have pushed the envelope, and ended up with major issues, and expensive parts failures. Do your research...馃槑

Registered
Even the 3" will require trimming. I personally don't recommend going over 2" if you want to have capability and dependability. A handful of others may disagree with me, but there's many threads on here about the goods, the bads and the uglies of lifting our KL's. Over 2" greatly increases wear and tear on many driveline, suspension, and steering components. I've had the unfortunate opportunity, far too many times to have to say "I told you so" when people have pushed the envelope, and ended up with major issues, and expensive parts failures. Do your research...馃槑
Thanks for the recommendation. I will go for the MFC 2鈥 lift , as a read that most of the forums says is the best of all .

61 - 80 of 85 Posts