2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1041 - 1059 of 1059 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am still fulfilling orders to owners who know about both lift versions. They don't seem to care on the price. Let's put this to rest for the betterment of the forum community. There's no need to get involved in a measuring contest. Some want Hazzards, some want MFC's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And even others are interested in RRO's option!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Didn't I see one member here with a coil replacement lift?

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
Didn't I see one member here with a coil replacement lift?

RRO is working on one. But I have a separate thread about that.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yes there was another Aussie just joined here recently with a Mango TH with the Eibach springs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Duke2015

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yes there was another Aussie just joined here recently with a Mango TH with the Eibach springs

Do tell...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
75th Anniversary Lift

Did the front end lift on my 2016 75th Anniversary 4WD. Tried doing it with one side jacked up at a time, ended up jacking up both sides, much easier. Tab bent on one side, so used the other as a reference which ended up at 0.875, about 22mm. Looks much better. Have only driven it a few miles so far. Probably won't do the rear, just wanted to level it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm very interested in adding this lift to my 2015 Lat 4x4. My only concern is that I have a bumper to bumper warranty, and I'm unsure of how this will affect my warranty. If someone could please help out, that would be great!

·
Registered
96 Posts
MY16 TH measurments

Standard
Front 825mm / 478mm
Rear 839mm / 484mm

265/65/17 BFG ko2
Front 843mm / 478mm
Rear 854mm / 484mm

Ko2 + Aussie Lift with old emu packers
Front 866mm / 500mm
Rear 865mm / 496mm

car is only a few weeks old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
KL MY15 Diesel

Hi I just saw your info about your lift kit, could you please tell me more info on this and what Old Emu packers you used please,
thanks

Rob

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Hi I just saw your info about your lift kit, could you please tell me more info on this and what Old Emu packers you used please,
thanks

Rob

None of the kits use the OME spacers as they are not designed for our vehicle, and have a very loose fit.

Plenty of folks have gone that route though as a DIY lift, and the information in found earlier in this thread. If you are going the DIY route I highly recommend researching thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ditto to what he said! I was one of the first with the DIY lift (maybe 10th in the world?? Hehe). Works great but if I was to do it again I would grab the hazzardsky kit (none of the kits existed when I did mine). The spacers from any of the kits fit properly. I used the ARB ones and after cuttimg the cone extension off I turned the cutoff piece upside down and reused it so it acted like an inner section for the ring making it sit better with less movement.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
@HazzardSky, @David_Baker @myfirstcherokee Big thanks to all you guys who did the pioneering work on the lifts. I have one of the versions, and it has worked great!! Its been awesome to crawl over objects with extra clearance that made the difference! Again, kudos!

Reactions: Myfirstcherokee

·
Registered
25 Posts
30mm or 1.25" for the yanks

Thread info for ordering the rear spacers
UHMW Spacers Ordering Info (Valpacer Lift)

Bolt and nut info for front strut
Bolt Part #6509954AA
Nut Part #06510103AA

I found the bolts but no nuts. How critical is it to fit new nuts aswell?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Lifted TH (Valpacer "Aussie" lift)

Dropping back into this thread after a year or two and another 40,000km. My front struts have never moved in the clamp but I have lost 12mm in height in the fronts! Looks like after 2.5 years and 50,000km the front springs have sagged a little so I am now 1/2 in lower than when I did the mods. Tyres have only lost 1mm of tread so no real change from tyre wear.

Rear on he other hand is sitting 5mm lower than when first modded but it currently has a full tank of gas and around 100kg of Gear in the back and a ladder on the roof for work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dave, great to hear from one of the KL modification pioneers.

Hi David.
I’m using the HazzardSky lift and although I haven’t measured it accurately, its been about 18 months now and I’d have to say that mine has sagged a bit too.

I’ve seen but not seriously considered yet the Robinson’s option - longer strut would have to be more permanent - and then throw on a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers or similar. That’d look pretty all right, I reckon.

Just have to get it past the minister for war...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1041 - 1059 of 1059 Posts