2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1060 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you don't mind sharing what did they charge you? I can't do this but for the price may go the same route as you.

$150 Australian
It was not worth the time running around borrowing and hiring the tools to the grovel on the ground under jacks.

It was done on a hoist.
we also didn't use spring clamps, we just dropped the rear lower arm and disconnected the sway bar, a lot safer and quicker.

It could be done in under an hour.

·
Registered
544 Posts
$150 Australian
It was not worth the time running around borrowing and hiring the tools to the grovel on the ground under jacks.

It was done on a hoist.
we also didn't use spring clamps, we just dropped the rear lower arm and disconnected the sway bar, a lot safer and quicker.

It could be done in under an hour.

Yup, a hoist is much easier but many don't have access to one. What I did was minimal compression of springs, removed LCA/Sway bar, got one side done in 15 mins if I don't count the time I spent putting the TH on jacks, etc.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It doesn't.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
What s the consensus on how the lift affects warranty?
It all depends on your Dealer and how they want to assess the situation. If you go in for a damaged strut then they may have a good argument that moving the clamping position could have attributed to the strut failure. likewise if you went on for failed front uni joints in the front axles they could argue that the increased rest angle caused by the lift attributed to their demise. However if you went in with an issue with the engine or gearbox or something it would be nigh impossible to try and blame a small lift for any issue with those components.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
^ That's what I meant, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Reactions: john.thwaite

·
Registered
508 Posts
It all depends on your Dealer and how they want to assess the situation. If you go in for a damaged strut then they may have a good argument that moving the clamping position could have attributed to the strut failure. likewise if you went on for failed front uni joints in the front axles they could argue that the increased rest angle caused by the lift attributed to their demise. ...
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
That's sort of what I figured. In my last AWD vehicle, which I took many places it shouldn't have gone, the struts, ball joints, cv boots etc were always going. But I think any serious strut damage is beyond warranty, and the others are just regarded as wear and tear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I deleted my previous post and this will be my last in here.

I'd like to thanks all those people who PMed me with attacks after that post, I'd never have thought lifting a jeep would garner so much antagonism, but I'm guessing this site is all one way.

Enjoy!

We will have 5 lifted by the end of the month down here in Aussie.
I don't think people really think about their words. Sorry that some people are so critical of others. Please don't think we are all that way.

CSimpson
Central Kentucky, USA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I apologize for not scanning through all 100+ pages. I just did the lift on my TH with some custom ordered spacers: 3/8 on top and 1/2 on bottom. For the bottom, is it recommended to somehow "extend" that pin on the bottom of that funky looking strut hat so that it can actually seat correctly??

·
Registered
544 Posts
I apologize for not scanning through all 100+ pages. I just did the lift on my TH with some custom ordered spacers: 3/8 on top and 1/2 on bottom. For the bottom, is it recommended to somehow "extend" that pin on the bottom of that funky looking strut hat so that it can actually seat correctly??

As long as it sits flush on the LCA your good to go. I tried to make sure the spring was oriented the same way as it was before I took it off. As far as I can tell it hasn't turned. I've had the lift on for almost 3 months now, thousands of miles and numerous offroad trips.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay good, that's reassuring. I used a big clamp compressor which only fit in the wheel well one particular way. Worst case scenario the spring would be rotated an inch or two in either direction but it does sit flush with the LCA. I just wasn't sure if it had to be oriented in an exact position. Welp off to firestone to get her aligned, then phase two: tires and rims.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just in case there inst already enough before and after evidence...

Before:

After (Taken after a few trips around the block and a day or two to settle):

2016 TH. Everything else is stock other than the pod lights and big ol' 5' antenna.

Attachments

Reactions: David_Baker

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
^^ Nice contrast pictures!

Reactions: LarzyHoneytoast

·
Registered
119 Posts
I tired the best I could to capture the same exact angles. You can see the Jeep is about half a foot closer to the house due to driving it but you can clearly see a difference in the wheel-well.

Reactions: Xinarin13

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

1001 - 1020 of 1060 Posts