2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1059 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
30mm or 1.25" for the yanks

Full Writeup: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xSiNDiNw7iU3FIdm13RGlPYVk/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Direct find info

Thread info for ordering the rear spacers
UHMW Spacers Ordering Info (Valpacer Lift)

Bolt and nut info for front strut
Bolt Part #6509954AA
Nut Part #06510103AA

Video 1 of Front Installation
Page #38
Post #371

Video 2 of Front Installation
Page #46
Post #457

Video of Rear Installation
Page #79
Post #788

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I deleted my previous post and this will be my last in here.

I'd like to thanks all those people who PMed me with attacks after that post, I'd never have thought lifting a jeep would garner so much antagonism, but I'm guessing this site is all one way.

Enjoy!

We will have 5 lifted by the end of the month down here in Aussie.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I deleted my previous post and this will be my last in here.

I'd like to thanks all those people who PMed me with attacks after that post, I'd never have thought lifting a jeep would garner so much antagonism, but I'm guessing this site is all one way.

Enjoy!

We will have 5 lifted by the end of the month down here in Aussie.
Seriously? Then that's pretty crazy. Sorry you had to go through that.

Hope you report the abuse to the mods and hope you stick around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tell us, tell us!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice work! Would you have more pics of the whole car in different angles? How did you acheive this? How is the ride compared to stock?

Thanks for sharing, and don't let the bad vibes get to you, it's their problem. :wink:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Val - Please don't give up on this forum. I traded our Trailhawk for a Wrangler for purely personal reasons, but I still check this forum every day because of the good friends I've made here. And because I think I can offer a bit of advice from time to time, after driving a variety of 4x4s since I bought my first new one back in 1964. - Ted

·
Super Moderator
4,187 Posts
You should bring your concerns to the mods, and we can definitely investigate it. Since this is the first we've heard about it, we can't really correct it. We can't actively monitor every single PM.

We don't take attacks lightly.

·
Super Moderator
4,187 Posts
There are aftermarket coils available the European market that propose a 30 mm lift in the front and the rear? Maybe in Australia they were able to get their hands on those?
We had a user from Germany (or Spain) that investigated the Eibach 30mm lift springs, and they were for non-Trailhawks, and only lifted the front to the equivalent of AD2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We had a user from Germany (or Spain) that investigated the Eibach 30mm lift springs, and they were for non-Trailhawks, and only lifted the front to the equivalent of AD2.
Thanks for the update. Glad I didn't burn my money on that deal.

·
Registered
549 Posts

As Gravitywell says it's only for AD1 or 4X2 versions. If you have one of those they can sent overseas. I was one of the ones who was in contact with these guys. Personally I prefer a full upgrade system for hole suspension and not only springs. We don't know how many time we reduce the durability of the suspension.

But this springs doesn't help your AD2 or TH. Sorry.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
cleaning snow from my wheel wells this weekend I noticed how little clearance there is in front of and behind the tires. meaning even with a lift, what are the gains? it doesn't seem like you can put much larger tires on it

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
cleaning snow from my wheel wells this weekend I noticed how little clearance there is in front of and behind the tires. meaning even with a lift, what are the gains? it doesn't seem like you can put much larger tires on it
Underbelly ground clearance is the biggest plus..even if it is but an inch or two.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wonder why they made our Cherokees so complicated... wish these were a bit more straight forward like the Renegade. I'm running 245/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs on my 2015 TH, and there's really no extra room. I'm trying to decide if I should stay with that size or go back to stock size when I replace these tires next year with the new BFG KO2s that just came out.

·
Super Moderator
4,187 Posts
I wonder why they made our Cherokees so complicated... wish these were a bit more straight forward like the Renegade. I'm running 245/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs on my 2015 TH, and there's really no extra room. I'm trying to decide if I should stay with that size or go back to stock size when I replace these tires next year with the new BFG KO2s that just came out.
Cherokee = American design built off of an American car platform.

Renegade = Italian design built off of an Italian car platform.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
I've liked the stock Firestones, but those KO2's seem pretty knarly.

Reactions: Kin mac

·
Registered
500 Posts
Cherokee = American design built off of an American car platform.

Renegade = Italian design built off of an Italian car platform.

The Cherokee is built on an Alfa Romeo plateform, the Alfa Romeo Giulietta... :wink:

1 - 20 of 1059 Posts