2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
What’s the largest tire a ‘19 TH can fit with factory suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
45 Posts
It certainly is, but the design on the front of the vehicle means no more than 1.25" of lift is safe, so it will counteract the winch weight if you're not lifted already. If you've already done the full lift, it is what it is at that point.

To level it out and lift it, you could do the full lift in the front and use only one spacer per wheel in the rear. That would give 1.25" in the front and either .4" or .5" in the rear, depending on what size spacer you use/prefer.

Hey @HazzardSky. What has changed since this quote since you're now selling the 2" leveling kit? Just wondering why it would acceptable now to go above 1.25".

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Iron 30.5" is generally what I hear from most posts on here. That should be no to minimal rubbing per crowd sourcing on the forums.

·
Registered
263 Posts
@Iron 30.5" is generally what I hear from most posts on here. That should be no to minimal rubbing per crowd sourcing on the forums.
Going with the HS 1 1/2" lift and Dick Cepek 265/65/17 tires which come in at 30.6" diameter. Thinking these are going to rub on my TH, but just maybe they won't?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Going with the HS 1 1/2" lift and Dick Cepek 265/65/17 tires which come in at 30.6" diameter. Thinking these are going to rub on my TH, but just maybe they won't?
Diameter is not the only determining factor. Tire width also plays a significant role here. A narrower tire of the same diameter, (i.e. 245/70/17 in the KL's case) is going to have much less of a problem with rubbing.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Diameter is not the only determining factor. Tire width also plays a significant role here. A narrower tire of the same diameter, (i.e. 245/70/17 in the KL's case) is going to have much less of a problem with rubbing.

I really want the 265/65 but has anyone tried 255/65/17? Seems like that’s a better option with concerns.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Exactly! The lift helps out with the additional tire height - even the 265/65 is taller by about 1.1" - but you are right, it does nothing about the width. I guess the only option is trimming the liners in that case, which I was hoping to avoid.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I really want the 265/65 but has anyone tried 255/65/17? Sms like that’s a better option with concerns.

Before I decided on the 265/65/17, I originally looked at the 255 tires, but I could not find the right tire in that size. I wanted an A/T tire, but preferred an A/T and M/T hybrid, which several tire companies have, but not in the 255. I am now going with the Trail Country EXP in the 265/65.

Thinking the 255 would resemble the 245 so much that I couldn't justify the expense and effort the lift involved, I decided that if I'm going to do it, I may as well do it right and then address the width issues after because I felt that if they were there, then maybe they would be something not overly difficult to resolve.

Once everything is on, I'll have my answer. And whether it was worth it.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Before I decided on the 265/65/17, I originally looked at the 255 tires, but I could not find the right tire in that size. I wanted an A/T tire, but preferred an A/T and M/T hybrid, which several tire companies have, but not in the 255. I am now going with the Trail Country EXP in the 265/65.

Thinking the 255 would resemble the 245 so much that I couldn't justify the expense and effort the lift involved, I decided that if I'm going to do it, I may as well do it right and then address the width issues after because I felt that if they were there, then maybe they would be something not overly difficult to resolve.

Once everything is on, I'll have my answer. And whether it was worth it.

Guess that’s why I asked about the 255s so I wouldn’t have to give mine a lift.

I love the Dick Cepek’s. Very curious how you like them. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Guess that’s why I asked about the 255s so I wouldn’t have to give mine a lift.

I love the Dick Cepek’s. Very curious how you like them. Keep us updated.

I originally looked at the 255's as well until I decided it didn't get me where I wanted to go.

I always wanted to try Cepek tires and this was the time to do it. This vehicle spends time in Florida and a chunk of winter in NW PA, so it will be interesting to see how they perform in various conditions.

Yes, I will report back here - as Rhinos-go-moo requested also - with some feedback. The holdup now is schedule and the HS lift delivery, which lags behind the tires as they arrived a week ago.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey @HazzardSky. What has changed since this quote since you're now selling the 2" leveling kit? Just wondering why it would acceptable now to go above 1.25".

I'd like to know this as well.
Unfortunately, @HazzardSky is difficult to contact nowadays.
I've sent a PM thru this site, email at the HS site and even a messenger message thru Facebook and I've received no responses in well over a week...
:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
@j0e keep us posted if you hear back on those other channels. I've seen enough folks on here go with the 1.5 to 2" lifts that I'm not too concerned about it but would like to know the opinion of the guy making the product. I know it will wear out certain parts faster but is it exponential or extra brutal on the boots or joints to go that extra 1/2 inch?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah,
I've read enough here to believe that he knows what he's doing.
I'm trying to decide on a tire size for my daily driver and was looking for input from "the horse's mouth" as it were.
Hopefully he'll get back to me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So the work was completed today on the HazardSky 1 1/2" lift and install of the Trail Country EXP LT265/65/17 tires and it looks great. The vehicle height looks right where it should be - and level - and the tires are awesome.

I have only about 30 miles on the set up, but first impressions are like this: there is no rubbing, at least in normal driving; the suspension doesn't seem as soft and does feel more firm, but not stiff; road noise is only slightly higher; the handling is very good and the vehicle seems to ride higher.

So far, I couldn't be more satisfied overall and I'd like to thank all of the people here that gave me valuable information that really helped with my decision.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
So the work was completed today on the HazardSky 1 1/2" lift and install of the Trail Country EXP LT265/65/17 tires and it looks great. The vehicle height looks right where it should be - and level - and the tires are awesome.

I have only about 30 miles on the set up, but first impressions are like this: there is no rubbing, at least in normal driving; the suspension doesn't seem as soft and does feel more firm, but not stiff; road noise is only slightly higher; the handling is very good and the vehicle seems to ride higher.

So far, I couldn't be more satisfied overall and I'd like to thank all of the people here that gave me valuable information that really helped with my decision.
The lift shouldn't affect the feel of the suspension at all -- at least under normal driving conditions. (I don't fully understand how the Aussie/HazardSky lifts affect the travel of the suspension but I believe it just gives you shorter travel since the shocks and struts are now already "opened" that 1.5". Which translates to less articulation. *If I'm mistaken, someone please feel free to teach me something!*)

What you're feeling is almost certainly the LT tires. Much stiffer sidewalls than the stock tires. Enjoy!

Pics??

·
Registered
263 Posts
OK, I only have the three photos right now and I'm having some issues loading them here. I'm using an iPad and a MacBook to do it, but not sure if they will attach until I actually finish the posting.

If it doesn't work, I'll try something else, so patience, please.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts