2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hopefully I did this right, but the intent is that this will help current and future members when thinking about lifting the KL. I plan to keep this as a live document and update as more information is available. If you see any discrepancies please let me know and I will make adjustments necessary. I am sure there are some this this one.

I also plan to add maximum tire sizes on each platform so I may need some help with that.

Do you guys think this will benefit this site or is it a lost cause?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully I did this right, but the intent is that this will help current and future members when thinking about lifting the KL. I plan to keep this as a live document and update as more information is available. If you see any discrepancies please let me know and I will make adjustments necessary. I am sure there are some this this one.

I also plan to add maximum tire sizes on each platform so I may need some help with that.

Do you guys think this will benefit this site or is it a lost cause?
It might be beneficial to add the different size tires that people have successfully installed with these lifts and whether griding needs to be done or not. It seems like there are alot of questions and alot of information spread out on the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Awesome work, @BLKBEARDRED6. To @Saltybeard's point (what's up with the beards, BTW? :)), an additional row or column on stock plus lifted tire sizes would be a great all-in-one reference that could/should be stickied.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I intent is to add tire sizes. Just didn't have enough time to start that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Also, my lift is 1.25" front and 1.5" rear. , Not at all 1"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also, my lift is 1.25" front and 1.5" rear. , Not at all 1"

This is kind of a corner case, but I recall hearing that those with a winch set up have lost some height in the front (I happen to have a winch set up). If this is true, is it possible to compensate with your kit?

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
This is kind of a corner case, but I recall hearing that those with a winch set up have lost some height in the front (I happen to have a winch set up). If this is true, is it possible to compensate with your kit?

It certainly is, but the design on the front of the vehicle means no more than 1.25" of lift is safe, so it will counteract the winch weight if you're not lifted already. If you've already done the full lift, it is what it is at that point.

To level it out and lift it, you could do the full lift in the front and use only one spacer per wheel in the rear. That would give 1.25" in the front and either .4" or .5" in the rear, depending on what size spacer you use/prefer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys I haven't had time this weekend to correct the chart. I will get it at work tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
A tire size column would be great. And along with that, tire sizes for the lifts with and without spacers might be valuable info for users.

·
Super Moderator
5,718 Posts
To the OP of you send me the new photos for the chart I can change the first one. Send me a PM and I'll send you my personal email address.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts