2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2020 trailhawk and im looking to lift it by only 2 inches. any recommendations for what kind lift to get? looking to get something that i can install with ease.

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
65 Posts
i have a 2020 trailhawk and im looking to lift it by only 2 inches. any recommendations for what kind lift to get? looking to get something that i can install with ease.
I went with the Hazard Sky 2 inch lift/level kit. So far happy with it. I was going to post pics soon.

Reactions: lefthandedbears

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
65 Posts
Yeah I also added the rear wheel centering kit while I was doing the lift. Way easier to do all at once. I also got the mfc brake line relocation kit, but honestly I don't know if it was completely necessary. I had it so I used it though. Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DigitalCherokeeDC

·
Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
234 Posts
Both hazard sky and MFC make a quality product. You'll just need to do the value proposition yourself. ~$200 for the 2” hazard sky lift and level, or ~$475 for the MFC 2" kit. Whether or not a full two inches in all four corners is worth more than double the less expensive kit is up to you.

Myself, I went for the 1.5" hazard sky lift. I ordered mine on sale and it was about half the cost of the 2" lift/level, which made it about one quarter the cost of the MFC kit. In the end a half inch all around wasn't worth $375 to me.

·
Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
234 Posts
I should also add that relocation brackets are entirely unnecessary. The rubber grommets that hold the brake line and speed sensor are adjustable and can slide back and forth on the lines albeit with some elbow grease. The length of the lines don't change, so whether you use the brackets or shift the grommets all have the same end result. You'll just need to decide whether you'd rather put in the work bolting in additional pieces to the stock bracket, or if you'd rather give the grommets a slide. Both work fine, but one is free.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
I have the MFC 2" and RWCK. Whichever way you go, proper installation is key to drama free operation....😎

·
Registered
Red 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
141 Posts
I started with a RRO 1” then upgraded to a MFC 2”. Love it and no complaint with either.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I just did it myself using front 10mm spring spacers from a TJ for the rear and dropping the front knuckle 23mm, but then that was 6 years ago when they said the KL couldn't be lifted. Was called the Aussie lift back, mine was about the 6th ever KL lifted and never had any problems. Was about 1.25in lift from the suspension and another 0.5in from larger tyres. Worked great, thats what all the lift kits were based on.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
MFC 2" with RWCKit professionally installed at a great shop. Cures one of the Cherokee's greatest weaknesses and is "drama free" as @Flybynightcru would say. The MFC parts look like they were designed and machined for the space shuttle.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
MFC 2" with RWCKit professionally installed at a great shop. Cures one of the Cherokee's greatest weaknesses and is "drama free" as @Flybynightcru would say. The MFC parts look like they were designed and machined for the space shuttle.
Agreed, you definitely get what you pay for...😎

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello. I am thinking about a 2” lift as well. I did one on a 2014 3/4 heavy Ram Quad cab years ago and at 75,000 miles, the extra 2” wore out a lot of suspension and steering parts. As we all know, the KL needs more clearance and either the HS or the MFC kits sound great. I have great respect for the engineering at MFC but the price tag has been a concern. The question would be why would they add the relocation brackets in their kit if they considered them unnecessary? From what I understand, the HS kit dies not come with these and is definitely priced better for me. Is the HS set up correctly and will it last with 0 problems over the long haul?

·
Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
234 Posts
the grommets can be shifted, but it is not easy to do so. the idea then is whether you want to work and move the grommets, or work and add brackets. they both take work, but moving the grommets is arguably more work (ie more of a chance of working up a sweat). there's nothing wrong with adding the brackets if you have the budget and want to wrench more than fight the grommets.

i opted to move the grommets because the HS kit did not come with them. one side was easy and the other side had me cursing. it's not unheard of for some members to get the HS kit and then buy the relocation brackets from MFC.

in both cases the end result is the same. neither solution adds any length to the brake line and speed sensor cable, so any stress (there is none) that might be put on those lines are identical.

if you put your phone's usb cable on your desk and make a squiggle then pull the two ends apart, that's basically it. i believe MFC sells replacement steel braided brake lines as well, but i have no idea if they are identical in length to the OEM ones or if they've made any changes to the length to eliminate the need for one of the brackets.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Hello. I am thinking about a 2” lift as well. I did one on a 2014 3/4 heavy Ram Quad cab years ago and at 75,000 miles, the extra 2” wore out a lot of suspension and steering parts. As we all know, the KL needs more clearance and either the HS or the MFC kits sound great. I have great respect for the engineering at MFC but the price tag has been a concern. The question would be why would they add the relocation brackets in their kit if they considered them unnecessary? From what I understand, the HS kit dies not come with these and is definitely priced better for me. Is the HS set up correctly and will it last with 0 problems over the long haul?
I have the MFC 2" lift, and did use the relocation brackets. I had mine professionally installed by one of the most reputable jeep offroad shops in the western US, and I wouldn't have changed anything, except I wish I would have installed Bilstien B6 struts and shocks when I did the lift. The key to a successful, drama free lift on a KL is PROPER INSTALLATION. The DRAMA starts when you go beyond 2 inches, mix and match systems like spacers plus Dobinson, add wheel spacers and try to fit larger tires than about a 245/70. Some will disagree, but that's what I have learned from my experience around here...😎

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you mrsamsa. Still don’t know which way I’ll go. This lift will get done this year but is on the back burner. Within the next two weeks, my CB will be installed and just waiting for the parts that I left on my JKU Rubicon when I traded her off. When all the parts get here, the CB goes in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the MFC 2" lift, and did use the relocation brackets. I had mine professionally installed by one of the most reputable jeep offroad shops in the western US, and I wouldn't have changed anything, except I wish I would have installed Bilstien B6 struts and shocks when I did the lift. The key to a successful, drama free lift on a KL is PROPER INSTALLATION. The DRAMA starts when you go beyond 2 inches, mix and match systems like spacers plus Dobinson, add wheel spacers and try to fit larger tires than about a 245/70. Some will disagree, but that's what I have learned from my experience around here...😎
Thank you flybynightcru for the input. I agree with you on the installation point. I for one have learned not to mess with the geometry. I sunk a lot of cash into my big Dodge Hemi only to lose it when she fell apart.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Thank you flybynightcru for the input. I agree with you on the installation point. I for one have learned not to mess with the geometry. I sunk a lot of cash into my big Dodge Hemi only to lose it when she fell apart.
Yep, keep it simple, and in this case, you DO get what you pay for. Sometimes it's just better to pay a little more for quality, and proper installation, than to cut corners, and pay down the road. JMHO from my 50 years of offroading experience...😎

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
You have that right. I will be doing the mount myself and just doing a bit of recon trying to avoid the pitfalls.
I hope you are comfortable with spring compressors, you're going to need them to do it right on the front end. The rear is much easier...😎

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope you are comfortable with spring compressors, you're going to need them to do it right on the front end. The rear is much easier...😎
Spring Compressors. I about forgot my near death experience last lift I did. The compressor broke and went flying just missing the two of us and denting a cinder block wall 6 ft. away. In comparison with the springs on a 3/4 heavy Dodge, this should be pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts