2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced both my license plate bulbs since they gave out and they work fine, but now I get the message on my dash saying it's out. I check the grounds and everything seems fine. Anyone else ran into this issue?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
17 Posts
That would be why, LEDs draw less amperage than incandescent bulbs, so the BCM recognizes that as a bulb out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be why, LEDs draw less amperage than incandescent bulbs, so the BCM recognizes that as a bulb out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Could I be able to reset the code then?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
543 Posts
You can live with the warning message, or you can add a resistor kit. Next time buy LEDs that have the built-in resistor for replacing incandescent lights.

The problem I have (personally) with leaving a warning message up is I tend to get used to ignoring the message. After a while, a different problem might come up and would go unnoticed. For example, I had an old beater Ford Courier that had a random blinking oil warning light. I ignored it since it was never really a problem - until it was. Engine seized on the freeway because of an oil pressure problem. Got the pickup for almost nothing and ran it for years, so no real loss.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lol that's because the flashings light meant your oil was low it was only intermittent because the oil was sloshing around. Same thing happened on my Hummer H3. I came to a stop light and my oil light came on with a ding then went off. so fast I didn't see the light and was wondering what the ding was. A few days later the same thing happened, but I saw the light this time cuz I was looking down when it flashed, so I checked the oil and it was more than a quart low, so basically ya ignored it till ya ran out of oil killing your engine. 😜

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to buy the "canbus effor free" type. They cost a little more. I've used the cheap type in the interior. They glow dimly all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts