2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

LED Lighting on 2014 Cherokee?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mark_ 
#1 ·
Any input on replacing the halogens with LEDs?

#3 ·
I actually decided to take the easy road and went with a better halogen headlight bulb, then added the amber MFC Offroad fog lights and also have an Auxbeam high & low beam bumper-mounted LED light bar. I think that I've got enough light on the road now in just about any weather conditions I can think of.

My wife does not want me to follow her at night when we both drive our vehicles and sometimes people flash their brights at me on dark roads even when the light bar is off. Must be enough light.

#4 ·
I actually decided to take the easy road and went with a better halogen headlight bulb, then added the amber MFC Offroad fog lights and also have an Auxbeam high & low beam bumper-mounted LED light bar. I think that I've got enough light on the road now in just about any weather conditions I can think of.

My wife does not want me to follow her at night when we both drive our vehicles and sometimes people flash their brights at me on dark roads even when the light bar is off. Must be enough light.
Just curioius : what's your thinking on why you get flashed with the lightbar off ? Fog lights aimed too high ? Your headlight aim is too high ?

#7 ·
I should have been more clear - when I checked the headlights, I used that line to get an idea of where the fog lights should be projected based upon the actual physical distance from headlight centers to fog centers on the vehicle. Not scientific, but it seemed to work out ok.

I get what you're saying about aiming those lights and I think that I'll roll the vehicle out of the garage and re-check all four lights on the garage door and see exactly where they are and if any are off, I'll adjust them accordingly. Then we'll try it with both vehicles for a longer distance check.

Reactions: yodog and Mark_
#11 ·
I have been through a few only to learn you get what you pay for. There are some good brands that make quality lights. I can see so much better now that I have good lights in there. I ended up with a set of Lrter from Amazon, I have been running them for about 4 months now with no issues, unlike my Auxbeams that had issues with 3 different sets I tried. I also swapped out my fogs with a set of Yellow LED's. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.