2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read 33 pages of the led headlight install and am still no closer,do I need the resistors installed or not?I have a xenondepot kit for xmas and she didn't order the canbus ,do I need to call the an order canbus and a resistor.Are they just plug and play?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've installed LED headlights into my 2014 Cherokee instead of halogen lamps.
They only worked when engine is off, when I started engine, it became an error of headlight and lights became off.
I afraid of using resistors because of their overheating and just asked my friendly mechanic to change program from Halogen to HID.
For now it's working, I have LED headlights, no errors, no problems, just great light!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Man,

I have XenonDepot LED's in my truck with resistors. They work great! I will tell you however, no matter what you do you will get a warning telling you that your headlights are out.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jeff: I'm happy with my LED lights...but did give XenonDepot customer service feedback that their answers to me on whether or not I needed CANBUS differed for my 2016 TH post-purchase. Why? I ended up delaying my install, and ordering the CANBUS. When I installed, I found that I did not need the CANBUS (and I could not return it)--the one XenonDepot told me on the phone I needed--when received--found out it is for HID. The directions are confusing and the customer service complicated matters. I could figure it out eventually, but have a box of parts left over. BTW, I've had zero error codes.
*Summary: Maybe you need CANBUS, maybe you don't. Caveat emptor. Seriously, good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will any mechanic do this or will a dealership do this???
I've installed LED headlights into my 2014 Cherokee instead of halogen lamps.
They only worked when engine is off, when I started engine, it became an error of headlight and lights became off.
I afraid of using resistors because of their overheating and just asked my friendly mechanic to change program from Halogen to HID.
For now it's working, I have LED headlights, no errors, no problems, just great light!)

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What exactly did you have in mind ? Swapping out halogen headlight bulbs for LEDs? If so, I highly recommend... you not do it.

Let us know what's up and which model year is your Cherokee.

Thx.

Reactions: osimj

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
646 Posts
You will have to find a shop in your area that does this type of work, and as Mark said don’t get LED get HIDS they work way better in the KL factory projector housings. Hids put out a better light pattern with better usable light.
If you have any electrical ability you can install an HID kit yourself, lots of us have installed our own kits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts