2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There’s a pin hole leak in my coolant line. I took it in a week ago, and this week another leak in a different location. 2014 overland 5.7 hemi 90kmiles.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
K

·
Registered
210 Posts
90k miles hoses will start weeping sometimes. We are a Cherokee forum btw so you may get more help from a Grand Cherokee forum such as jeepforum etc. Im not sure if that is a common leak point on the hemi's. Hopefully not to costly.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Your using the wrong hose clamp on a plastics hose line connector need to be spring clamp not worm gear that you tighten with a screw driver. Correct spring hose clamp is on the left end. Worm gear clamp has a pressure point under the gear that will distort the plastic pipe.

Reactions: XJ99 and rumrunner

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
View attachment 212462
There’s a pin hole leak in my coolant line. I took it in a week ago, and this week another leak in a different location. 2014 overland 5.7 hemi 90kmiles.
Looks like an easy DIY fix. You can probably get the hose, and the proper hose clamp for less than $20, and take maybe 5 minutes to fix, good to go. None of us have V8 Hemis on here, this is a KL Cherokee forum. You obviously own a Grand Cherokee...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like something was pushed into the hose at some poin, like a screw, screw driver, or a plastic part of some kind. After fixing leak, look carefully for the origin of hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts