2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 60 of 199 Posts

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looks great! Did you need to get a realignment after the spacer lift? Also, did your Latitude have much rake b4 the lift? It looks pretty level now with the lift installed.
I need to get an alignment done; just haven't had a chance yet. As far a leveling, I don't remember it being noticeably lower in the front. I measured a stock Latitude and it was about 1 inch difference. Haven't had a chance to get a good measure on a flat surface.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey again! I've created a folder in Google drive with some of the photos and documents I have collected while working on my Latitude. The folder is open to anyone who wants to check it out, ~HERE~. In this folder, I've got some of the pics from the front bumper removal, Mopar instructions on Rear bumper removal, Lift install instructions and writeups from other sites, and other stuff.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Just finished a few more mods to my Latitude. First, (and smallest) I couldnt decide what to do with that bright chrome "Latitude" emblem now that nearly everything else on my KL is black or grey... so i pulled it off and i'll figure out something to replace it later!
More photos and mods to follow!!!
So i finally figured out something to replace that chrome Latitude emblem...

It looks yellow/orange in the photo, but its actually black reflective vinyl so its kinda stealth. The Transformers hype may be over, but its never too late for the Decepticons to make a comeback! :wink: (I've always been more on an Autobots fan, but the Decepticon personality seems to fit my KL better!)

Reactions: 007

· Registered
1,864 Posts
So i finally figured out something to replace that chrome Latitude emblem...

It looks yellow/orange in the photo, but its actually black reflective vinyl so its kinda stealth. The Transformers hype may be over, but its never too late for the Decepticons to make a comeback! :wink: (I've always been more on an Autobots fan, but the Decepticon personality seems to fit my KL better!)
Speak for yourself, my TH looks like Trailbreaker from Gen 1!!! Autobots!! Roll out!!

Reactions: tbrou6229

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Lol, but the names are so much cooler... Black-out, Starscream, Megatron... Although my computer is named Optimus. And my username is Prime. Lol

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Switches for Lights

I've seen a lot of posts about switch locations for exterior lighting, and I have been debating on where to put my switches. I finally decided on a place where I haven't seen the switches placed before. I am putting them in the little cubby in the center of the dashboard. I made a panel out of laser-cut acrylic and fitted toggle switches in it. When I get the lights and start to tackle the wiring, my plan is to drill a hole in the bottom of the compartment (so it can be covered by the rubber base insert if I ever want to remove all this) and run the wiring under the dashboard.

In the Laser...

Out of laser and assembled...

With Switches...

Installed in Vehicle!

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
^^^ As you can tell, I am only going to have legitimate use for the top five switches currently... The bottom four will have more nefarious purposes.>:D

· Registered
719 Posts
nice job but is the location practical.?? although a very stealthy location..im just putting mine in the headliner by the sunglass holder simple reach up and turn on..

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
nice job but is the location practical.?? although a very stealthy location..im just putting mine in the headliner by the sunglass holder simple reach up and turn on..
Its practical for me, with how often i'll be using the lights... I dont want to cut anything that I cant easily replace or cover to preserve the clean interior. I'm also planning on having the lights mounted to a roof rack with quick-disconnects on the power cables so it can be easily removed when I'm not using it.

I also didnt want to mess with trying to pull down, and reattach the headliner

Reactions: rski

· Registered
719 Posts
im going up top so i dont have to rip my dash apart simple up the a pillar to the headliner..only will have 4 switches..also doing the disconnect on the cargo basket lights ..2 switches for cargo lights one for bumper light bar and one for a pillar lights when i can afford to buy brackets.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Lol, I find the dash easier and less concerning to take apart. Much smaller pieces... How are you planning on running the wiring out to the cargo rack? On the exterior...

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So can anyone point me to a good thread or website with instructions on wiring the electrical? Do I need an sPod, or can I just run electric to switches... Do I need to run it off fuses? HELP!

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@myfirstcherokee What exactly does an sPod do?

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@Lucylara the plasti-dip actually started to separate within a few days after having it done. It held up ok after that for a long while, but I just recently pulled it all off and painted them. I figured I'm not gonna be turning it back to chrome, so I may as well have something that won't come off.

The chrome stuff is really tricky to get paint or plasti-dip to stick to... My first attempt at paint had to be sanded off.... After that I used an etching primer from rustoleum and then their flat black. Seems to be holding up a lot better.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
After adding my custom tow hooks, I started adding lighting to the exterior. I've got a 30" LED bar, (4) 6" LED spot bars, and (4) 4x4" LED flood lights. I've got a roof basket on order which I am going to mount all my lights to.

My current plan is to attach all of my lights to the rack so I can take everything off if I want to. It will have quick disconnect plugs and all be wired to switches in the cubby on the top of the dash. (See above post).

Excited and hoping that everything goes well! If anyone has any advice, hints, or suggestions for wiring and connectors, please let me know!!!

· Registered
719 Posts
i got 2- 20 inch 2- 6.5 inch 4 - 4inch

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
What have I gotten myself into???

(Yes, that's the headliner. And yes, it's out of my car...)

Reactions: gravitywell

· Registered
1,370 Posts
What have I gotten myself into???

(Yes, that's the headliner. And yes, it's out of my car...)

Oh dear... put it back before it's too late!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 199 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.