1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SUBJECT:
P0520- Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the oil pressure sensor with a revised part.
Link:
TSB 18-034-14a

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just had a Amber engine light come on and had the dealer confirm the code states low oil psi. Taking back for appointment to fix. I'm assuming bad sensor as stated above...��

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got mine replaced last week too, after a second trip because the tech cleared my DTC's while doing the R05 and 14-040 Tranny update. 'Oh there wasn't a CEL on, we didn't find any'...
Service adviser took offense to the truth, hurts sometimes...

Intake manifold comes off for this as well as needing 6 new gaskets. Took 2 hours.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm getting this replaced right now. No explanation as to why my loose gas cap light went off prior to this issue. Anything other problems I can expect?

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I went to leave my house at lunch today and low and behold my Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) lights up and stays on (11,500 miles on my KL). Took it to the service department...hooked it up to the computer..and came out with the code regarding malfunctioning Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit. Going to take it in tomorrow and have them replace it... before a 500 mile trip this upcoming weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently at 8700kms. Engine light went on & waiting as they replace the oil sensor. One bonus is they realized I needed an update for my transmission & getting that done as well. Oh the joys of a brand new vehicle! :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Jeep CG Limited Faulty Engine Oil Sensor- Code P0520

Hello to all: I am noting Bulletin 18-034-14 REV A put out by Chrysler about faulty Engine Oil Sensors. My 2014 with 50,000 miles has a faulty Engine oil sensor but my VIN was excluded from the Bulletin. It seems they don't feel this issue deserves a recall but it does. To have a dealership fix this, the Engine Manifold Intake must be removed and gaskets replaced and can cost upward of 1000.00 so I am told. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and the BBB against Chrysler Corp. Inc as it was suggested I do so by the dealer. Chrysler is refusing to take responsibility of these faulty sensors. I have seen so many 2014 owners have the same issue, it should be a recall. It starts with the check Engine light coming in and staying on and the reading of your oil pressure staying high. The code read is P0520 and it is known by Chrysler. Chrysler refuses to respond to complaints and currently holds 1 star for a satisfaction rating. I am considering hiring an attorney for this. A company should not be allowed to refuse to take action on faulty car parts, especially this part that in reality should not go bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I felt that I should post I should post on this. I have a 2014 Cherokee that is needing the oil sensor changed and of course my warranty is up, I’m confused at what a TSB is exactly and why you even need warranty when there is a problem that is bad enough to warrant a TSB. Are they just basically saying to the dealers, yup, this is a problem. I mean warranty would cover faults anyway right? Why the TSB if not to cover it when it happens outside of warranty. Can someone enlighten me? I’m annoyed that my low mileage Cherokee needs anything done, that’s why I bought new, so I wouldn’t have to deal with mechanical issues.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello to all: I am noting Bulletin 18-034-14 REV A put out by Chrysler about faulty Engine Oil Sensors. My 2014 with 50,000 miles has a faulty Engine oil sensor but my VIN was excluded from the Bulletin. It seems they don't feel this issue deserves a recall but it does. To have a dealership fix this, the Engine Manifold Intake must be removed and gaskets replaced and can cost upward of 1000.00 so I am told. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office and the BBB against Chrysler Corp. Inc as it was suggested I do so by the dealer. Chrysler is refusing to take responsibility of these faulty sensors. I have seen so many 2014 owners have the same issue, it should be a recall. It starts with the check Engine light coming in and staying on and the reading of your oil pressure staying high. The code read is P0520 and it is known by Chrysler. Chrysler refuses to respond to complaints and currently holds 1 star for a satisfaction rating. I am considering hiring an attorney for this. A company should not be allowed to refuse to take action on faulty car parts, especially this part that in reality should not go bad.

Not to pour salt on a wound, but this is a PRIME reason to get the MAXCARE Lifetime for anyone questioning its worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone tried changing the sensor themself? I have a 4 cylinder 2014 Cherokee and found the sensor for $26 online. Can’t find any YouTube video of anyone changing one on a Cherokee. Anyone done it or seen any videos?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
oil pressure sensor

SUBJECT:
P0520- Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the oil pressure sensor with a revised part.
Link:
TSB 18-034-14a
My 2014 3.2L V6 gave an error. It doesn't leak, just gives a code.
Our old work manna was "ignore the errors".
Have to remove both intake manifolds to replace the sensor. Might as well replace the spark plugs at the same time?
The Bosch oil pressure sensor on my VW would leak and spray oil all over everything. Guess this is an improvement.
After 100 years you would think engineers could design an oil pressure sensor.
Good ole Henry Ford said parts left off don't brake and don't cost anything.
If your oil pressure sensor indicates a problem your engine is already gone!
Did it on a skid pad at Summit Point Raceway and wiped out a crankshaft bearing on my 1996 Olds LSS.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This really SUCKS ! I just had my Oil Filter Housing replaced under warranty LAST WEEK !!!!! now I have this code .......

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts