2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 Cherokee Sport Altitude with 60k miles, and when I went through a drive-through, I hear a loud knocking noise when I have my foot on the brake when the transmission is in drive. Then when I put the car in park, the noise suddenly goes away. Any idea on what could be the issue?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a '16 Cherokee Sport Altitude with 60k miles, and when I went through a drive-through, I hear a loud knocking noise when I have my foot on the brake when the transmission is in drive. Then when I put the car in park, the noise suddenly goes away. Any idea on what could be the issue?
Try a little test, check your oil pressure when the car is in drive, and then in park. When you say "knocking", is it more of a ticking, or deeper knocking? Is the oil level at the full mark on the dipstick?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a tick sound that I could hear very loud in the drive through. It turns out thePeStar v6 has lifter arm bearings that wear out fast. This caused excessive wearing on the cam. Lower gas milage. Thankfully my car was still under warranty(59,500miles) took it to the dealer and they replaced one side of lift her arms, bearings and cam .

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tick sound has gone away, I still get will a humming sound in drive, I don't have any idea on what that could be

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a tick sound that I could hear very loud in the drive through. It turns out thePeStar v6 has lifter arm bearings that wear out fast. This caused excessive wearing on the cam. Lower gas milage. Thankfully my car was still under warranty(59,500miles) took it to the dealer and they replaced one side of lift her arms, bearings and cam .

You are the first person that I have seen have this problem. I was reading about this 4 years ago trying to figure out if the 3.2 would have the same issue as the 3.6 did with the back drivers side roller rocker. Do you have any further information regarding this fix? I am in no dire need or anything its more of just a personal knowledge want. If you could pm me or respone to this thread I would assume be ok?.. Regardless if you had the paperwork or just a couple words for me regarding this issue would be super cool. By no means feel obligated to take any time out of your life. I might forget I even replied here and not check back for a month or two.

Thanks in advance anyways! Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts