2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a Chirp/knock sound coming from my 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. The car intermittently will make a knocking sound on acceleration that will turn into more of a chirp sound as speed increases. The sound is much more noticeable when I am driving next to a concrete barrier where the sound reflects off. The weird thing is the sound completely goes away if I take my foot off the throttle. I love this car but for the most part it has been nothing but a nightmare. Already had the transmission replaced at 70,000km and its at about 115,000km now and its starting to slam gears again already. I took the car in to be diagnosed at the dealer and they were unable to replicate the issue and said it was probably my brakes (which were redone at 80,000km) and when I inspected them with my mechanic buddy he said they seemed fine. They also missed the CV axle grease all over the back left until I asked them to look at it and then told me it needed replacing. 700$ bill for the seal to be replaced and all my issues are still present.

This is a video of the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts