2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOVA!

I’m putting together a little group ride at Flagpole Knob Trail, VA on Saturday, August 22nd. A friend of mine (rides a REALLY nice mod'd 4Runner) offered to lead a group, if you don’t mind following a Toyota! He knows his stuff.

We are going to meet at the Sheetz in Harrisonburg (798 E Market St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801) at 1000 on Saturday. This should get us up to the top of Flagpole by 1300.

I hear the trail isn't all that technical, but reports from the Mid-Atlantic Overland Society state the trail is worn in a few areas which makes it difficult to traverse. Not being in a Trailhawk is your call.

No CB's required, but modest recovery equipment is recommended (straps, air pump, etc).

He advises: “Brush was fairly over grown last time I was there so pinstriping is a very real possibility so those anal about their paint jobs should be warned.”

If you are in the area, you are welcome to join. Pass the word to others as well.

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
LOL! I'll see what I can do, but if the weather is nice that day, the wife is gonna want to be out on the water. Just saying.
So, toss her in the pool at my apartment complex, and we'll go riding. Or, bring her along. My girlfriend will probably appreciate the company.

· Registered
562 Posts
So, toss her in the pool at my apartment complex, and we'll go riding. Or, bring her along. My girlfriend will probably appreciate the company.

She'd rather be on a boat out on the Potomac, but I'll pass it by her and see what she says. If other gf's/wives are going, then she may be more inclined to tag along, too.

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
She'd rather be on a boat out on the Potomac, but I'll pass it by her and see what she says. If other gf's/wives are going, then she may be more inclined to tag along, too.
They can talk about cats, and nail polish, and wine. You know. Girl things. >:D

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
Sounds like you're well-versed in those topics... are you trying to pawn your girl off on mine?! LOL
Hmm, I'm not sure how that would work. We could put them in your Hawk, and then tow it with mine? Hmm. Ideas. >:D

Nah, just influencing your wife, to come along for the festivities and off-road adventure.

· Registered
562 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure how that would work. We could put them in your Hawk, and then tow it with mine? Hmm. Ideas. >:D

Nah, just influencing your wife, to come along for the festivities and off-road adventure.

Well, I do have the "flat tow" capability.... LOL!

I'll let ya know... I'm out of town the weekend before on business, so it all depends on what she wants to put into the "social calendar" that weekend.

:smile:

· Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just FYI - my wife will be there, as will the wife of my friend in the 4Runner. In fact, that's how I met him. My wife and his are great friends. @gravitywell , he is the one who had the guy who did off market gobi stuff.

Hope you both and anyone else in the area can make it. Seems like it would be a great trail to start a little group in the area before we move onto harder stuff.

· Registered
562 Posts
Just FYI - my wife will be there, as will the wife of my friend in the 4Runner. In fact, that's how I met him. My wife and his are great friends. @gravitywell , he is the one who had the guy who did off market gobi stuff.

Hope you both and anyone else in the area can make it. Seems like it would be a great trail to start a little group in the area before we move onto harder stuff.

I'll be honest, I haven't taken anything off-road in forever... and the last time was a motorcycle. LOL How difficult/technical is this trail? I don't have rock sliders, either. I'm anxious to get more experience and to learn how to use all the features of my TH, that's for sure.

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
I'll be honest, I haven't taken anything off-road in forever... and the last time was a motorcycle. LOL How difficult/technical is this trail? I don't have rock sliders, either. I'm anxious to get more experience and to learn how to use all the features of my TH, that's for sure.
You can watch videos on youtube. It's dirt and mud, doesn't look terribly technical.

I don't have sliders, or anything else. I'm straight stock. Also, I've never been off-road, so...brand new experience for me.

Bring the wife along, or you're going to be the odd man out. :nerd:

· Registered
3,613 Posts
MarinR00 said:
KL Group Ride, VA, AUG 15!
I guess that means Aug 2015, since you have Aug 22 later?

Intererested, but wife doesn't agree with pinstripe paint mods. I'll keep my eye on the thread and will give a go/nogo later. We have some other things gong on about the same time.

· Registered
562 Posts
You can watch videos on youtube. It's dirt and mud, doesn't look terribly technical.

I don't have sliders, or anything else. I'm straight stock. Also, I've never been off-road, so...brand new experience for me.

Bring the wife along, or you're going to be the odd man out. :nerd:

Intererested, but wife doesn't agree with pinstripe paint mods. I'll keep my eye on the thread and will give a go/nogo later. We have some other things gong on about the same time.

Hey, gravitywell, who you calling old man?!?! LOL! Looks like Rojhan may keep me company in that dept if I can't make it, either. LMAO!!

· Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yeah, that was just the year. Sorry 'bout that. 22 AUG. Hope you can make it.

· Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@NOVAHawk, good stuff! Should be a great, easy ride to get folks together! My wife will be there and I'm going to get her behind the wheel a bit!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.