2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jeep cherokee 3.2l v6.
Recently I went into a mechanic to enquire about a new performance muffler so that I can a have a deep aggressive throttle to my jeep.

But he told me that the muffler in the back is very hard to replace because the exhaust is coming from the middle portion.

Is there any other way to get a deep aggressive sound ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Custom routed exhaust with a new resonator and a rumbler muffler.

Sent from my KL Trailhawk using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man.....that's some excellent work.

Reactions: ern3

·
Registered
432 Posts
FM 10 is waayyy too loud.. And raspy IMHO.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Not raspy at all, sounds smooth and mellow

That custom setup sounds more like a 4 cylinder than a V6
Thanks girlfriend.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Y'all take your feud and shove it. I'm so tired of seeing your back and forth bs on every other thread. Grow up.

I can see it now, the inevitable 'he started it' or 'well, I'm right and he's wrong' or the 'im just telling the facts' responses. It's tiresome.

Neither of you can man up and stfu when one of you has something snarky to say?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry Mah..

·
Registered
559 Posts
20170519_144249.jpg
20170519_144206.jpg
Beware of old 911's sporting BFG KO2's!!! His exhaust system sounded amazing!!!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I gotta say, that 911 looks like it'd be a blast to drive around haha

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anyone ever look at Dynomax Ultraflows? That is what i had on my 3.8l GTP
I miss my Comp G.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a jeep cherokee 3.2l v6.
Recently I went into a mechanic to enquire about a new performance muffler so that I can a have a deep aggressive throttle to my jeep.

But he told me that the muffler in the back is very hard to replace because the exhaust is coming from the middle portion.

Is there any other way to get a deep aggressive sound ?
There's a side entry muffler by Vibrant that is same as the factory muffler (Vibrant Performance StreetPower Performance Universal Mufflers 10633) so shud be an easy straight replacement - its a performance muffler so should have good note but I haven't actually heard one. EDIT: clip of Vibrant 10633

Otherwise, it's actually quite straight forward for muffler shops to install transverse fit, outlet on each end with inlet also in one end type mufflers - ern3's is pretty much that style of installation - and look up the Magnaflow exhaust for 3.2 KL Cherokee to spot some more pics of that type of arrangement.

Tyler's exhaust is the most straight forward way of fitting a conventional muffler and that one seems to sound pretty awesome.

Gibson I believe have also released a KL 3.2 V6 muffler setup.

I'm in the process of fitting a hooker aerochamber 21721 to my Trailhawk - I have the Aerochamber installed but the berklee fwd muffler I also had fitted has actually made it too quiet and pulled too much of the growl out of it - and doesn't fit as well as I expected - so I'm going to replace that with a louvered hotdog. I'm away from home until wednesday week but when I get home I'll do some pics and recordings of the setup as it is with the berklee fwd muffler / resonator - then with the hotdog fitted.

But damn I'm liking the note from that Vibrant muffler!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here's my current setup with Aerochamber 21721 rear and oval 8x10x4 fwd muffler (it's offset in offset out and has a chamber in the centre) - which is too quiet. It's got a deep ripping note and does sound like a tough, refined factory sports car - but I want more volume and some growl rather than ripping note - so when I get home next week for two weeks, I'm putting a 10 inch louvered hotdog in place of that fwd muffler - and Ive gotta look at the situation with the rear pipework and see if i can get it a bit tighter up in the chasis there. I WANTED everything clamped but the shop insisted on welding most of it... (hmmm - in the top pic I'm wondering about the way my LH rear spring is sitting there too...)
PART_1596438658898.jpeg
PART_1596438852205.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts