Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
391 Posts
They've gone downhill since Tata took them over

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
They've gone downhill since Tata took them over
Really? I didn't think there was any room to drop.. 😈

I heard a saying while traveling down in Oz back in the early 2000's: "If you want to travel into the outback, go in a Land Rover. If you also want to come back, go in a Toyota." :cool:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

I heard a saying while traveling down in Oz back in the early 2000's: "If you want to travel into the outback, go in a Land Rover. If you also want to come back, go in a Toyota." :cool:
Hahaha!!! I think that has been true since the 1949 HUE 166...Like the old saying goes, never take a Rover farther out than you can walk...🤣😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
I remember reading an consumer report rating chart long time ago that said paint on an V8 Mustang was worst than paint on an 4 cylinder Mustang.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some owners in South Africa call them Rand Lovers, due to the ongoing cost of repairs and maintenance.

Reactions: KL14

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket
Like what KL14 said. The Toyota 4Runner is still on my short list.
Maybe a baby Bronco when it is no longer vapor ware.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those J.D. Power ratings have to be taken with grain of salt though. As it mentions in the article, every issue is tracked equally, which means a problematic phone pairing procedure dings an automaker's rating the same as a blown engine or transmission.

There is also sometimes a big reliability difference between models within a manufacturers lineup and model years of course. I see Infiniti is ranked down in the lower group by Jeep. Yet my Infiniti with 131k on it has been the most amazingly reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Knock on wood.... :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Those J.D. Power ratings have to be taken with grain of salt though. As it mentions in the article, every issue is tracked equally, which means a problematic phone pairing procedure dings an automaker's rating the same as a blown engine or transmission.

There is also sometimes a big reliability difference between models within a manufacturers lineup and model years of course. I see Infiniti is ranked down in the lower group by Jeep. Yet my Infiniti with 131k on it has been the most amazingly reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Knock on wood.... :)
Right...and the article also says that they are only looking at 2018 year model vehicles since they have about 3 years of data now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Vapor ware?
Our local ford dealers already have a several on the lots for sale.
Your dealers have Bronco Sports, not Broncos because they delayed the production due to part shortages on the Bronco.

BTW, the Bronco Sport is made in Mexico, something I don't understand for any Ford, GM or Stellantis vehicle.

The choice to build decent profit high volume vehicles like Compass, Blazer and Bronco in Mexico is beyond me.

Its greedy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The choice to build decent profit high volume vehicles like Compass, Blazer and Bronco in Mexico is beyond me.

Its greedy.
Yep, but it's the American way. Offshore as much as you can because it's cheap labor. I work for one of the largest Health Care companies in the country and they are constantly laying off people and replacing them with offshore workers. Twice a year, like clockwork.

In fact, I'm one of them along with my team, as we are part of the latest group to be RIF'd, effective March 26. They call it a 'reduction in workforce', but there is no reduction involved, but rather a replacement with cheaper labor. And of course the best part (sarcasm) is having to train the people replacing you who are located 10,000 miles away.

Sorry, just a little rant there, but you poor bastards will probably be seeing even more of me going forward. 😲

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yep, but it's the American way. Offshore as much as you can because it's cheap labor. I work for one of the largest Health Care companies in the country and they are constantly laying off people and replacing them with offshore workers. Twice a year, like clockwork.

In fact, I'm one of them along with my team, as we are part of the latest group to be RIF'd, effective March 26. They call it a 'reduction in workforce', but there is no reduction involved, but rather a replacement with cheaper labor. And of course the best part (sarcasm) is having to train the people replacing you who are located 10,000 miles away.

Sorry, just a little rant there, but you poor bastards will probably be seeing even more of me going forward. 😲
Imagine that??? Train your replacements you say??? You all know me well enough to know that I would take great pleasure in that!!! They would sure never forget me when I'm gone...😎

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
51 Posts

Scotty Kilmer would love this comment :D

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
51 Posts
I heard the '14, '15 KL was rated well too. Then transapocalypse. Definitely a grain(s) of salt are taken with these reports.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts