2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,240 Posts
The main reason I installed these bulbs was because the driver's side halogen went out. I didn't install an LED kit, I got plug and play LED bulbs.
From Autozone:
Sylvania OFF Road LED Headlight, Fog light and PowerSport Bulb 9005SLBX2

You suggest I install new halogen bulbs and see if there's any further electrical issues?
I'll answer for him. Yes, put new halogen bulbs in and your issues will go away. LED bulbs like the ones you bought claim to be plug and play replacements for the halogens, but that is often not the case in reality. As Mark said in his post you usually have to make other modifications to make them work correctly.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
There are 55W 9012 bulbs like the ones listed below which do provide slightly better performance than a stock 9012 bulb. However, their lifespan is much shorter.

Another thing to note, halogen bulbs get dimmer over time, so just replacing them with new ones will give you more brightness than what you currently have.

· Registered
1,240 Posts
These halogens, the 9012 type, don't come in ''high power'' versions. There are only 55W versions, with most being OEM-like with neutral/yellow 4000K (ish) color. There are some 'blue tinted' versions which claim to be brighter, but from what I know they are merely tinted versions of regular bulbs, with the same 55W rating.
I don't think it's just a matter of them being tinted different as they are well known for not lasting as long and that wouldn't be the case if it was just a tinting difference.

I put some in my Mom's car once and there was a difference in light output, but they were dead in a years time, so the next set I put in for her were just the regular 9012s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts