2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just got a 2016 cherokee north, wonderring how i can get better ground clearance if there are any hacks or ways to get the ground clearance to improve. seems kinda low compared to other suvs ive seen. all suggestions appreciated and please dont laugh I’m not very mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Where are you located? I saw a North Edition yesterday in AZ.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
hi just got a 2016 cherokee north, wonderring how i can get better ground clearance if there are any hacks or ways to get the ground clearance to improve. seems kinda low compared to other suvs ive seen. all suggestions appreciated and please dont laugh I’m not very mechanically inclined.
Yes, you can squeeze out another inch or two. I'm guessing your North is basically a Canadian Latitude, therefore equipped with AD1? There are several 1-2 inch lifts available, and I think you have 18 inch wheels??? If it were me, with an AD1 equipped Cherokee, I would probably do the lift, find some 17 inch Trailhawk wheels, and run what I run on my Trailhawk, 245/70/17's. That's going to give you a minimum of 2 inches of clearance. AD2 equipped Cherokees can get slightly more, but it's usually not without drama.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As mentioned we need to know if its ADI or ADII (awd type)

ADI you can 1"-2" with a lift kit
also fit 245/65r17 max.
ADII you can lift similarly and fit 245/70r17

Tires should fit without rubbing but some tires may rub slightly.. at full turn.
Lift wont affect tire fitment. the parts where the tire rub as they get larger isnt affected by lift kit..
mainly front and back of the wheel well.

if you have 18" wheels it would be
ADI 245/60r18
ADII 235/65r18 or 255/60r18

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As mentioned we need to know if its ADI or ADII (awd type)

ADI you can 1"-2" with a lift kit
also fit 245/65r17 max.
ADII you can lift similarly and fit 245/70r17

Tires should fit without rubbing but some tires may rub slightly.. at full turn.
Lift wont affect tire fitment. the parts where the tire rub as they get larger isnt affected by lift kit..
mainly front and back of the wheel well.

if you have 18" wheels it would be
ADI 245/60r18
ADII 235/65r18 or 255/60r18
good question bout adi1 or 2 no clue but on back of car is the 4 x 4 insignia ? does that help ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you can squeeze out another inch or two. I'm guessing your North is basically a Canadian Latitude, therefore equipped with AD1? There are several 1-2 inch lifts available, and I think you have 18 inch wheels??? If it were me, with an AD1 equipped Cherokee, I would probably do the lift, find some 17 inch Trailhawk wheels, and run what I run on my Trailhawk, 245/70/17's. That's going to give you a minimum of 2 inches of clearance. AD2 equipped Cherokees can get slightly more, but it's usually not without drama.
my wheels are 17”

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what does your 4x4 knob have on it.
does it have 4wd LOW button.
if yes ADII
if no ADI
i apologize for the slow response. well ...4x4 knob has no 4 wheel lo drive on it. only auto, snow, sport, and sand/mud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts