2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to get rustproofed but the thing holding me back is them spraying in the doors.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's rustproof from the factory... Just touch up any scratches that go through the finish.
That's not good enough, I've already got rust on my pinch welds from jacking up the car, for example. I'm committed to doing the underside, just not sure about inside the doors.

·
Super Moderator
7,328 Posts
That's not good enough, I've already got rust on my pinch welds from jacking up the car, for example. I'm committed to doing the underside, just not sure about inside the doors.
I have fluidfilmed several vehicles underneath with decent results but would never do inside the door of a modern vehicle. I had a 1963 Ford that had rustproofing sprayed in the doors and had to take them apart to clean it all out so the windows would work correctly, which was easy compared to today's vehicles. There is so much 'stuff' in doors now, electronics, impact sensors, insulation, etc that I'd be VERY hesitant to have someone drill into the door and shoot crap inside....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fluidfilmed several vehicles underneath with decent results but would never do inside the door of a modern vehicle. I had a 1963 Ford that had rustproofing sprayed in the doors and had to take them apart to clean it all out so the windows would work correctly, which was easy compared to today's vehicles. There is so much 'stuff' in doors now, electronics, impact sensors, insulation, etc that I'd be VERY hesitant to have someone drill into the door and shoot crap inside....
My thoughts exactly. I was concerned about the windows the most.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Me too!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one concern of mine is that I have paint protection film wrapped around vehicle, wrapping around the corners of all the doors. Water does get underneath the corners of the doors there that could cause a problem over time. I can't spray rustproofing in there without compromising the adhesive that keeps the paint film from peeling off.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Save your $$$!!!

Go jeep!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts