2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Out Here in Round Lake, Waiting to order the MFC+ Lift to go mudding in Mchenry.

Reactions: sameri and sgrim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Chicago area. Looking forward to driving down Lake Shore Drive this summer.

Reactions: sgrim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just picked up my 17 TH. Heading out for the first, short day trip today. Chicago to Woodstock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Anyone know where there is some easy offroading trails by the Illinois/Wisconsin border?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone know where there is some easy offroading trails by the Illinois/Wisconsin border?
No, but I'm also looking. Planning on going south to the Badlands in Indiana at some point, but it would be nice to go a shorter distance to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I want to know, too, as I'm also in Round Lake. :grin:

We traveled in my TH back in March, to AZ. Hit some back roads that were all red sand and rocks. Had a blast. The next day, we were at the Great Sands National Monument in CO and we hit their 4WD trail. The TH didn't even break a sweat.

See ya around town.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm actually starting to get interested in overlanding. Want to setup a simple day trip to practice the navigation pieces, and to work out equipment issues in a low-risk situation.

If anyone in northeast / north central Illinois would be interested in exploring the idea, let's talk.

I was thinking a day trip (no longer than 5-10 hours, from the point at which we arrive at the site).

I'm completely new to overlanding, but an old timer when it comes to camping. I'm just out of practice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone in the chicago area want to go out to cliffs offroad this sunday December 17th?? Myself and a member from the renegade group are meeting up and I think it would be a good idea having both models out there for a day of offroad fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone in the chicago area want to go out to cliffs offroad this sunday December 17th?? Myself and a member from the renegade group are meeting up and I think it would be a good idea having both models out there for a day of offroad fun.

Any chance you want to do it on Saturday the 16th instead? Have family plans Sunday.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really anytime, even hitting the road in the early morning. My Saturday is wide open.

This will be my first time, so if you'd rather not have a first timer that's cool, just say so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
10 am good for you ?? Everyone is a first timer at some point. It's all about having fun while doing it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
@NoLove - we're meeting @ cliffs offroad, correct? Or did you mean meet up in Chicago @ 10a, then drive over?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Finally got my first chance to take the TH out, thanks to @NoLove. Had an awesome time. Even got the driver side floor properly filthy.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts