2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tires are completely gone. Pretty much as smooth as paper. I was looking for the easiest and best looking way to make my FWD Limited look the best with no hassle. Want bigger tires but don't want to deal with rubbing but also apparently its impossible to find right offset for wheels and don't want to deal with spacers

Whats the easiest Tire & Rim combo for me? TIA (Have RC Lift if makes difference) Want to look more capable without putting moths in my wallet. And not wanting to deal with too much stress. really appreciate it

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
My tires are completely gone. Pretty much as smooth as paper. I was looking for the easiest and best looking way to make my FWD Limited look the best with no hassle. Want bigger tires but don't want to deal with rubbing but also apparently its impossible to find right offset for wheels and don't want to deal with spacers

Whats the easiest Tire & Rim combo for me? TIA (Have RC Lift if makes difference) Want to look more capable without putting moths in my wallet. And not wanting to deal with too much stress. really appreciate it
Some gently used Trailhawk wheels, and some 245/65/17 A/T's would do the trick. Any 17x7-8 with a +30 offset would be sufficient, with no cutting, trimming, or grinding required. With your lift, you could actually do 245/70's...馃槑

Registered
Some gently used Trailhawk wheels, and some 245/65/17 A/T's would do the trick. Any 17x7-8 with a +30 offset would be sufficient, with no cutting, trimming, or grinding required. With your lift, you could actually do 245/70's...馃槑
It's a Limited so on 18'' wheels/tires right now. Going 17'' would be a good option though for A/T tires. Could do 18''s too...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
If i got 18" would i want 245/65/18's?
Uhm, well, a 245/65/18 would be a 30.5'' tire, equivalent to a 245/70/17. If you mount those on +30mm (or+31) offset wheels, you 'should' be Ok with your lift.
To be safe though, 245/60/18 would be good. Not sure of A/T tire availabilty in those sizes though.

Just know that if you go 245/65/18, that would be a 10% increase in diameter over your stock 225/55/18s. So a 10% speedo difference, which cannot be re-calibrated.

And, well, we can't garantee a 245/65/18 wouldn't rub...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Agree with @Mark_ on all points. If you want to stay with the 18's, you'll have to stick with the 245/60's, and you're really going to be limited on tire choices. This is why Trailhawks all run 17" wheels, they just work better for larger tires, but you must have the proper offset of close to +30. There's literally hundreds of wheels to choose from in that configuration, and great A/T tires available from literally every brand in the 245/65's, and 245/70's...馃槑

Edit- I would still recommend a 245/65/17, as the 70's could possibly be pushing the envelope on your FWD Limited...馃槑

Registered
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2015, second Jeep last one had a crank handle.
I have no ideas on sizes. However Costco did a great job for me. Thru them I got a wheel and they have most all popular tire sizes although I found one at Walmart.

Registered
if YOU NEED WHEELS!!! Then buy 17in wheels in 7 or 7.5 width with +30 offset

on a FWD 245/65r17 with the above wheels is pushing the limit without test fitting.

if you DONT NEED WHEELS (which wasnt suggested by your title of "I NEED WHEELS")
235/60r18 MIGHT work and there are still a few choices in AT tires if that is what you want.. you dont reallly tell us what "looks good" means to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts