2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Sweet! What model/color?
They have 3 v6 trailhawk models that just got off the truck this morning. White, blue, and granite. Not sure on the equipment, but I mainly want to test drive so I can special order. I HAVE TO HAVE the black wheels. Right now, white and anvil are the leading prospects for which color I will buy... As you can tell from my subaru I'm partial to orange, but I don't really like the pearly mango.

· Registered
199 Posts
Good to see they have some reasonably priced THs coming in. Before I ordered they had one listed at $41K.

The three they have on their site are pretty close to what I wanted, but lacking the upgraded speakers and I did not want leather.

Interesting that their stock photos have the black wheels and color matched tow hooks instead of the red.

· Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Good to see they have some reasonably priced THs coming in. Before I ordered they had one listed at $41K.

The three they have on their site are pretty close to what I wanted, but lacking the upgraded speakers and I did not want leather.

Interesting that their stock photos have the black wheels and color matched tow hooks instead of the red.
I noticed this as well..... Wonder if the hooks is a permanent change??

· Registered
199 Posts
I noticed this as well..... Wonder if the hooks is a permanent change??
I am wondering about that and the wheels?

Did they just pull a stock photo, or is the photo accurate for the vehicles they have on the lot?

· Registered
47 Posts
I am wondering about that and the wheels?

Did they just pull a stock photo, or is the photo accurate for the vehicles they have on the lot?
Has to be a shitty stock photo. They all have red tow hooks. I'm not counting on them having black wheels either.. even though i want them.

EDIT: just looked at their site again, I didn't see the black wheels in the photos... I think I'm missing something.

· Registered
41 Posts
Anvil is great but you have to like a color changing paint. It changes drastically with the brightness and color temperature of the light reflecting off of it.
Hooks are red for 2014 unless someone painted them. Black wheels have been discussed on this forum as being available but I have never seen the factory black ones yet. Some great photos on here of some that have been painted.
Unless you are doing an aftermarket speaker system DO get the speaker upgrade. It is much better than the stock version. Many here have vented they wish they had. There will be some great aftermarket speakers by this summer however.
We used the Tread Lightly -1% below invoice for our order. The dealer had it prepped and waiting for us to pick up in the afternoon and while it sat there someone offered the dealer $50k cash right then and there for our TH. The manager almost took it but our salesman said they waited two months for it & today is their wedding anniversary and that would not go over well. That was a close call but my wife loves her new TH that is for sure.
By the way she had a loaded 2004 Honda Pilot. Our insurance is now $2 less for a brand new TH. When she asked how that could be the agent said it was because the TH is so safe it does not cost much to insure.

Reactions: Haydenatx

· Registered
47 Posts
So I test drove a red v6 last night. It is a really nice car. I was shocked with how similar in size the interior was to my subaru. (subaru has ~51 cubic feet, cherokee has ~54) I love the feel of the interior, and the unconnect is AMAZING. I really want to buy one... now I just have to find a salesperson that won't give me the whole "YOU WANT THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE MARKET" routine. Last night I was told that it would be wise to buy the first one I put my hands on because they were selling that quickly..... LOL I chuckled when she said that. I told her immediately I would only buy anvil or white. Shes checking some other dealers to see about a trade, but I think I might have to go elsewhere. Southpoint dodge said they would special order me one for $500 over invoice. Who has a reputable dealer in central Texas? Ps this thing looks nekkid without the hood decal.
Untitled by denskies, on Flickr

Untitled by denskies, on Flickr

· Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I used Ancira CJD in San Antonio, one of the best Jeep Dealers I have ever been to, with a ton of inventory too. Click on the name, It'll show you current inventory!

EDIT: Looks like they have 2 TH's, both discounted over $1000

· Registered
199 Posts
Is that the Nyle Maxwell on 620?

That is where I ordered mine from.

· Registered
47 Posts
thanks zz! Those are my two colors. Now I need to determine if the 4 cyl is acceptable.... Texans please weigh in on this. If you have test driven both let me hear how the tigershark was.. I sure like the name.... I have a tigershark tattoo lol.

Biga999 it sure is!

· Registered
199 Posts
thanks zz! Those are my two colors. Now I need to determine if the 4 cyl is acceptable.... Texans please weigh in on this. If you have test driven both let me hear how the tigershark was.. I sure like the name.... I have a tigershark tattoo lol.

Biga999 it sure is!
I test drove a tiger shark, but it was not in a TH.

I think I would prefer the v6 with the added weight of the TH, but that's just me.

Reactions: Haydenatx

· Registered
760 Posts
Did not like the 4. If you want the TH, I recommend the 6. I'm not sure why a special order is 500 over invoice. I'd certainly be researching the market on that. I special ordered mine, but paid less than invoice.

You might be better off finding one on a lot unless you want to wait for your Cherokee for a while. If buying off the lot, check the build date as that seems to be important for the most common transmission issues.

I'd recommend my dealer, but they are up in the Lubbock area so may be too far from you.

· Registered
47 Posts
I used Ancira CJD in San Antonio, one of the best Jeep Dealers I have ever been to, with a ton of inventory too. Click on the name, It'll show you current inventory!

EDIT: Looks like they have 2 TH's, both discounted over $1000
Is that the Nyle Maxwell on 620?

That is where I ordered mine from.
Did not like the 4. If you want the TH, I recommend the 6. I'm not sure why a special order is 500 over invoice. I'd certainly be researching the market on that. I special ordered mine, but paid less than invoice.

You might be better off finding one on a lot unless you want to wait for your Cherokee for a while. If buying off the lot, check the build date as that seems to be important for the most common transmission issues.

I'd recommend my dealer, but they are up in the Lubbock area so may be too far from you.
No one near Austin is willing to come even close to invoice. All at MSRP for ones on the lot.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.