2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't pay for a sirius XM subscription and I'm tired of my car auto-defaulting to the xm when I start my vehicle (this is because it is normally connected to my phone with bluetooth, which doesn't connect immediately). Is there a way to get the XM option to disappear from Uconnect?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't pay for a sirius XM subscription and I'm tired of my car auto-defaulting to the xm when I start my vehicle (this is because it is normally connected to my phone with bluetooth, which doesn't connect immediately). Is there a way to get the XM option to disappear from Uconnect?
I doubt it...Mine doesn't do that, it defaults back to whatever you were listening to when you shut the car off. Now granted, in my case, that's usually SXM, (couldn't live without it). The rare occasion that I have been listening to the local classic rock terrestrial FM station, it always comes back next time I start the car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it...Mine doesn't do that, it defaults back to whatever you were listening to when you shut the car off. Now granted, in my case, that's usually SXM, (couldn't live without it). The rare occasion that I have been listening to the local classic rock terrestrial FM station, it always comes back next time I start the car.
FM works fine. It is bluetooth that is the issue because when you start the car the bluetooth isn't connected yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
FM works fine. It is bluetooth that is the issue because when you start the car the bluetooth isn't connected yet.
Oh, I don't think that's ever going to default since like you said, it has to connect to the device. How would deleting the SXM help that situation, I'm not sure. I think it is what it is, without completely hacking, and reprogramming the Uconnect system...LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I don't think that's ever going to default since like you said, it has to connect to the device. How would deleting the SXM help that situation, I'm not sure. I think it is what it is, without completely hacking, and reprogramming the Uconnect system...LOL
Well I would rather it default to the radio in this case since I don't pay for xm.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Mine defaults to last source as well. Bluetooth hooks right up, but
I don't use my phone for music. I have a thumb drive that lives in
the center for music....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine defaults to the last used audio. I primarily use my phone for listening to music because SXM is trash and only really listen to talk shows on their. When I get back in my car it will default to "Media" and Bluetooth and say "please connect a Bluetooth device" and then if my music app is open it will auto connect and start playing, or I just start playing something and it will connect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts