2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reviewed the entire owners manual trying to find how to see what the radios internal ID number is.

My previous vehicle has a Lifetime Sirius account (which they don't offer any more). I called Sirius to have it transferred to my New Cherokee. They require the radio ID.

Do any of you know how to display it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
3 Posts
My xm id says unknown. Xm tried to reset it several times and it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My xm id says unknown. Xm tried to reset it several times and it still doesn't work.
First and foremost, welcome! That's weird that your radio ID says unknown. I've never seen that, and I've had Sirius XM since it was invented, with numerous different types both built into the vehicle, an remote portable units, and channel 0 is always the ID number. Is your Cherokee still under warranty? If so, they should fix it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you can, please post a picture of your screen showing what you are seeing when you tune to channel 0.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
3 Posts
First and foremost, welcome! That's weird that your radio ID says unknown. I've never seen that, and I've had Sirius XM since it was invented, with numerous different types both built into the vehicle, an remote portable units, and channel 0 is always the ID number. Is your Cherokee still under warranty? If so, they should fix it.
Thanks for the welcome. I bought it in November and it hasn't worked. There is no warranty on the vehicle. I have reset the radio settings and updated the software. Everything else works even UConnect. It will say loading please wait for a while and then will go to the black background of xm. When I hit the tune button and hit 0 and go it goes to the black background of xm. When I go into the settings to find the xm settings the second picture is what I get and I have waited a long time and it still says please wait. I was on the phone with xm for a long time trying to figure it out. I'm not sure what to do other than replace the radio and hope it works. I signed up for the free trial so I have services but it won't connect to their system.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I bought it in November and it hasn't worked. There is no warranty on the vehicle. I have reset the radio settings and updated the software. Everything else works even UConnect. It will say loading please wait for a while and then will go to the black background of xm. When I hit the tune button and hit 0 and go it goes to the black background of xm. When I go into the settings to find the xm settings the second picture is what I get and I have waited a long time and it still says please wait. I was on the phone with xm for a long time trying to figure it out. I'm not sure what to do other than replace the radio and hope it works. I signed up for the free trial so I have services but it won't connect to their system.

View attachment 212889 View attachment 212890
That's really weird. It looks like some kind of software glitch or something...Have you tried doing a hard reset on the Uconnect??? Hopefully someone else will chime in that might have seen this before, since I have not.... @Mark_ any ideas???

·
Registered
304 Posts
It was with xm and yes in the open. I also used a USB to update the software and it still didn't work.
Looks like it isn't receiving any signal. Problem with the antenna? I would take it to the dealer and have them troubleshoot.

Reactions: OhareFred

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Looks like it isn't receiving any signal. Problem with the antenna? I would take it to the dealer and have them troubleshoot.
That's a huge possibility that the antenna has come loose from head unit. That's probably where I would start. The only thing is, it will usually come up, "No Signal" right on the screen. Everything else should still be working on the Sirius page. I'm still leaning towards software glitch, I mean, it's not like the Uconnect system has ever been the perfect example of a simple, and glitch free unit to begin with. Man, I miss the days when vehicles were simple, and easy to troubleshoot and fix...😎

Reactions: sanghill

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's a huge possibility that the antenna has come loose from head unit. That's probably where I would start. The only thing is, it will usually come up, "No Signal" right on the screen. Everything else should still be working on the Sirius page. I'm still leaning towards software glitch, I mean, it's not like the Uconnect system has ever been the perfect example of a simple, and glitch free unit to begin with. Man, I miss the days when vehicles were simple, and easy to troubleshoot and fix...😎
Yeah, on 2nd thought, the fact that she can't get by that XM service loading screen seems to indicate that the XM software itself just isn't booting up.

Anyway, just did a quick Google search and found this problem mentioned many times on the different FCA forums. The following fixed it for one person....

Ok, Finally figured it out. Held Hot & Cold buttons to get to Engineering Controls, went to "Restore Factory Defaults". It took 4-5 minutes then wham - XM Radio Preview channel came on. I requested another wake-up signal from XMSirus and had my subscription up and running.
Thanks to those that chimed in here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts