2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
I don't think the uConnect 3 is even available on any 2019+ Cherokee trims.
Base radio is 7" uConnect 4 (AA and CP) - Latitudes only
Limited has 8.4" uConnect 4 or 4C Nav (AA and CP) - (Standard on all but Latitude)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, been following along mostly due to @cwwjr1681 and his testing. Got my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk unit up and running in my 2014 cherokee. Has anyone else had issues with the speakers? I do not have the HVAC module or USB hub yet but it only plays sound out of my back left speakers and when you go to audio and adjust via the seat pattern it doesnt do anything. I also cant control volume via the knobs and it doesnt even mute the audioo (goes down to zero but does nothing) I assume it is the hvac module from 2019 I need to put in but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
Hi all, been following along mostly due to @cwwjr1681 and his testing. Got my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk unit up and running in my 2014 cherokee. Has anyone else had issues with the speakers? I do not have the HVAC module or USB hub yet but it only plays sound out of my back left speakers and when you go to audio and adjust via the seat pattern it doesnt do anything. I also cant control volume via the knobs and it doesnt even mute the audioo (goes down to zero but does nothing) I assume it is the hvac module from 2019 I need to put in but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
It could be the lack of the proper volume control, or that the 2019 came out of an Alpine equipped system (or yours has the Alpine system and the '19 radio is out of a non-amped system), which controls the volume via the external amplifier, not in the head unit. The uConnect head unit is programmed to be either an internal amped system or the external Alpine amped system... :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So if I look for a 2019 radio I should try to find one as close to the specs of my current radio ie 6 speakers, heated seats, no nav, xm radio. I also see a option that says with and without telematics, what are telematics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what I have found with my model in my 2014 is that I have not had any issues with Climate. Heated seats/wheel,] and climate all work via touchscreen and actual buttons. The only problem I have run into is the sound playing through the back speakers only. But I have not installed the HVAC module from a 2019 either. When I purchase mine on LKQ i did basically everything it was quoted as "w/ siriusXM, wo/navigation"

·
Registered
12 Posts
So what I have found with my model in my 2014 is that I have not had any issues with Climate. Heated seats/wheel,] and climate all work via touchscreen and actual buttons. The only problem I have run into is the sound playing through the back speakers only. But I have not installed the HVAC module from a 2019 either. When I purchase mine on LKQ i did basically everything it was quoted as "w/ siriusXM, wo/navigation"
68312540AD was this your part number?

·
Registered
2014 Cherokee TrailHawk 3.2L
13 Posts
So I installed one of those Chinese Android head units on my wife's Camry (Dasaita) and I was super impressed with the build quality, price and specs so I decided to look for one for the Cherokee (2014 TH). The problem is that the canbus modules these Chinese units use are pretty limited and will not retain all functionality for our Cherokees. I've found several really nice looking ones that will fit the KL (Roadanvi, Dasaita, Joying, Teyes, Phoenix) but they will not integrate with everything we need. So I've spent a little over a month researching and found that the only solution that will in fact retain it all (and actually add more pretty cool stuff) is the iDataLink Maestro RR module paired with a compatible head unit and that is because you actually have to program the unit to match your particular car AND the head unit you are installing. So.. option 1 on the top of this thread.

So that lead me to this forum and finding out about a "proxy alignment", which I've looked up and I understand what it does but now I'm curious if that would be required with the Maestro module. I called Crutchfield and iDataLink and both said it was plug and play with everything retained. Can anyone explain to me when a proxy alignment is actually needed and what the proper steps are for it? I do have the MX+ but is there any other hardware I need? what about software?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Small update here because I haven't been following this. Sorry about that. I went back to the 2017 factory unit. I have the premium fully loaded model with many temperature sensors all over and couldn't get the temp to stop reading C instead F on the 2019 unit. It annoyed me to high hell so I went back to the 2017 factory unit

·
Registered
2018 Latitude+. 2.4 AD1
1,087 Posts
I installed a Kenwood head with the IDatalink Maestro RR2 unit. I retained ALL my factory options available in UConnect and did NOT need a proxi. Works perfectly, just make sure you program the Maestro unit before you install it. If you use the RR2 unit, once installed it can be updated via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I installed a Kenwood head with the IDatalink Maestro RR2 unit. I retained ALL my factory options available in UConnect and did NOT need a proxi. Works perfectly, just make sure you program the Maestro unit before you install it. If you use the RR2 unit, once installed it can be updated via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What ArizonaFred did is probably the best way. Unless you dont have a lot of temperature sensors or the F to C wont drive you nuts like it did me

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
There are some really good options on this website: JEEP

Also 2 year warranty
Unless I am missing something here... That website you linked just sells a wireless module for cars that already have android auto/carplay it doesn't add it to cars that don't have it.

It clearly says their module is four cars that were originally equipped with Android auto/carplay. 2014-2018 were not.

So I don't think that's a viable option my friend

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unless I am missing something here... That website you linked just sells a wireless module for cars that already have android auto/carplay it doesn't add it to cars that don't have it.

It clearly says their module is four cars that were originally equipped with Android auto/carplay. 2014-2018 were not.

So I don't think that's a viable option my friend
Hey,

Its for cars that aren't pre equipped with Carplay. I would know because I have installed one of them. Its the complete Carplay module for wired or wireless Carplay that don't have it enabled, it mimics the original Carplay with all the features you'd expect. (steering wheel controls, front and back up camera compatibility, etc...).

EDIT: I can see why'd you think it was for cars that were originally equipped with Android auto/carplay. But the line clearly says "This module will fit perfectly into your vehicle like if it was equipped with the original Carplay option."

101 - 120 of 162 Posts