2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
So they basically lied on their website they said it was 100% plug-and-play no disassembling.

Good to know and I hope you don't have any type of extended warranty or anyting because if you do the factory unit is no longer covered the moment you take it apart. There will be stickers and seals you will be breaking when you disassemble the factory unit. Just FYI

If it were me the moment I heard that I had to take apart the factory unit I would have sent it back

·
Registered
716 Posts
That’s the plan. Looking online sending it back will cost me $50 via UPS with delivery in less than 5 days. I have to pay return shipping but they waived the 20%”restocking” fee. I have a MaxCare lifetime warranty which is why I didn’t want to open the screen, which is why I didn’t buy the JoyAuto, or did I???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
That’s the plan. Looking online sending it back will cost me $50 via UPS with delivery in less than 5 days. I have to pay return shipping but they waived the 20%”restocking” fee. I have a MaxCare lifetime warranty which is why I didn’t want to open the screen, which is why I didn’t buy the JoyAuto, or did I???

Oh no my friend you contact them they practically lied on their website and you get them to pay for return shipping. It's called false advertising you should not pay a dime. You also get them to waive that restocking fee. After hearing this I am removing them as an option from my original post.

Fight with them on this do not pay that

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)

Did you get everything handled? What was the outcome?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, the package was delivered about 11:00am on the 22nd (China time) which is 13 hours ahead of me. So right now as I write this it’s the 23rd in China. So far have not heard a thing, but will give them another day to refund my card before I email them again. I did get stuck for the return shipping. I’ll eat $51 to get my $ 580 back. We will see how this goes, but I have delivery confirmation and can always contest with my card....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Well, the package was delivered about 11:00am on the 22nd (China time) which is 13 hours ahead of me. So right now as I write this it’s the 23rd in China. So far have not heard a thing, but will give them another day to refund my card before I email them again. I did get stuck for the return shipping. I’ll eat $51 to get my $ 580 back. We will see how this goes, but I have delivery confirmation and can always contest with my card....

I hope you got your money back their website is a bit of a scam I guess in a way well not really a scam just a really high markup. After doing some research on the unit you said they sent you Joyeauto sells it for 450$. With that being said I still wouldn't use one of these devices and take my radio apart the only way I do it is if I bought a second radio off eBay and did it to that one so I still have my factory radio as a backup.

At the moment I'm happy with the factory navigation on my new VP4 unit upgrade however at some point I'm probably going to upgrade to the carplay unit when I can find one at a decent price off LKQ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
2019 Cherokee, I have the window sticker from the source vehicle from the VIN on LKQ. I tried to source a unit from a vehicle with similar specs to mine ie. Heated/vented seats, 9 speaker audio
I just bought one of these off LKQ from a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited. It was 268$ lol Let's hope it works.

If not I still have my VP4 unit which will do

·
Registered
716 Posts
I hope you got your money back their website is a bit of a scam I guess in a way well not really a scam just a really high markup. After doing some research on the unit you said they sent you Joyeauto sells it for 450$. With that being said I still wouldn't use one of these devices and take my radio apart the only way I do it is if I bought a second radio off eBay and did it to that one so I still have my factory radio as a backup.

At the moment I'm happy with the factory navigation on my new VP4 unit upgrade however at some point I'm probably going to upgrade to the carplay unit when I can find one at a decent price off LKQ.
Took 25 emails and threats to contact the FTC, but got back everything but the $51 to ship it back. I was also told to never contact them again....

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
Took 25 emails and threats to contact the FTC, but got back everything but the $51 to ship it back. I was also told to never contact them again....

I probably would have sent one more reply of "10-4, GFY!!!"...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Ojnoojinni

Let me get this straight they false advertise on their website as something 100% being plug-and-play when it's not and you're the bad guy?

The logic in these idiots astounds me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found any options other than the 1500 infotainment one? I also saw in another thread people talking about going to crutch field and ordering one, and they apparently have some for 300$ that fit a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don’t really know much about installing a radio but I’m looking to buy a 2015 soon and I want Apple car play. Every forum I read is like all over the place so I don’t really understand if it is possible.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Has anyone found any options other than the 1500 infotainment one? I also saw in another thread people talking about going to crutch field and ordering one, and they apparently have some for 300$ that fit a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don’t really know much about installing a radio but I’m looking to buy a 2015 soon and I want Apple car play. Every forum I read is like all over the place so I don’t really understand if it is possible.
Are you aware these are not Grand Cherokee forums you are in the regular Cherokee section

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
regardless of what kind of car you have, crutchfield is great. I have a Kenwood radio with wireless Apple Carplay & built in GPS & I don't have to hassle with Jeep radio problems. nothing is perfect & I tried to do a running review here

I would suggest asking for a radio recommendation w/ someone over the phone & ask them for an installer referral. I just picked one & then had to find my owner installer. maybe I shud have spent more time picking one. I don't think it's any cheaper than buying a jeep radio tho

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I have a unit from a 2019 in my 2015 TH. I basically went the infotainment route, but I did it myself. Ordered a radio for just over $400 from LKQ, ordered the Climate Control module, MX+ OBD, and ALFA OBD. Was able to do the PROXY alignment no problem, only bugaboo was that although the proxy alignment was correct and everything worked properly, I still had a flashing odometer. After the latest recall that issue was resolved following the dealership flash. Not sure if they resolved it or if it resolved itself due to the flash. Everything is proper and complete now, however and I also used AlfaOBD to turn off the fog light/high beam and DRL/turn signal dropouts.
I ordered one from LKQ however I cant seem to get Android Auto to work. Do you have to enable to feature some how with Alpha OBD? If not LKQ just sent me the wrong part

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
759 Posts
I ordered one from LKQ however I cant seem to get Android Auto to work. Do you have to enable to feature some how with Alpha OBD? If not LKQ just sent me the wrong part
I think you need the 2019+ USB port for the front console (where your media card slot is) as well

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I think you need the 2019+ USB port for the front console (where your media card slot is) as well
No you don't only if you're using Apple carplay not if using Android auto. But the radio itself does not seem to have the projection manager app on it or the Android auto app.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts