2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, I will go through and give this a shot when I have a moment.

Google maps works in full screen, I was curious if it will function similar to a stock unit, or how google maps works while you are driving with directions on, where it points an arrow which way you are going and keeps that "centered" in the screen adjusting the view around it based on what direction you are traveling etc. Right now, if I just pull up maps without setting a destination, it just shows a little blue circle and if I drive off the map I drive off the map, it doesn't "follow me" like it does when you are actually using navigation with a destination if that makes any sense.Not the end of the world, just curious if there's a way to do that without using navigation.
I found that with Maps that the blue circle will follow you and move the map, unless you zoom in the map. Then you drive off the map until you re-center it.
There is an update for Maps, but I haven't installed it yet.

Waze does what you want automatically.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Tasker? I created a profile and set it to turn on wifi tethering when the phone connects to my head unit via bluetooth. I tested it and got in my car, turned it on and everything and my phone shows that the Tasker profile is detected and active and detecting that the bluetooth is connected to what I set, however the hotspot on my phone does not actually turn on. Anyone have any ideas on this by any chance?
I too have a Galaxy. My S21 connects, and I am using Tasker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you ever have any luck with this? I understand the stock camera is likely a lot lower resolution than the actual android units display and that is causing the not so great image quality. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the camera display smaller, even if it is not "full screen" on the Teyes unit just to try and make things a little more clear? Everything is working fine for me but if I could shrink this down to make it so it doesn't look as pixelated and stretched that would be perfect.

My only other smaller issue which will take time is messing with the audio to get it to sound right. On my factory unit, I had barely changed the 3 EQ settings it had and I thought everything sounded really great with the stock unit and upgraded sound system I have, with this unit so far it just sounds super extra bassy and kind of muddy. I tried to mimic cwwjr's EQ settings and it sounds better than it did out of the box, but I think I still have a bit of work to do to try and get it sounding more to how I was used to. Other than that, everything has been great so far now that it is actually working. Sucks it was like a 3 month process but at the end of the day at least it is working. I also noticed the second canbus they sent me has a different number on it than my original "002" vs "003" and I can't help but wonder if this was part of the original problem.

Of course the primary app I will be using is SiriusXM to listen to radio show replays and that doesn't support the splitscreen view which kind of sucks but at the end of the day that's not a Teyes fault. So far I got the Agama launcher set up which I like, Deezer, youtube, sirius and google maps. I have not gone and uninstalled or removed any of the stock teyes apps like navi or anything yet. Checked for updates OTA and it says I am on the latest version but I have not looked online. I still need to go back and connect the blue antenna wires at some point but I don't use the radio and need to connect the additional USB ports/cables but for now I am happy having the unit up and running and being able to start messing with it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to be able to open google maps and have it "follow" you in real time the way a standalone GPS unit would, I feel like I have done this before on my phone but on the Teyes I feel like my options or the layout are slightly different. It's not the end of the world but if I could have it do this while not using actual directions it would be nice.
The sound is my only main complaint I still have so far, and I completely agree with you that for some wierd reason it sounded much better with my crappy stock radio then it does with this new unit. I even swapped out all the stock speakers to some Rockford Fosgate speakers and the sound still just doesn't seem right. It's hard to explain

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have this setup on my phone and it works well. Samsung Galaxy S20.
I remember when I set it up that the guides I found mentioned that on some phones it would not work and an extra app might be required.
Yeah I am wondering if my phone might be part of the problem. Using a OnePlus 7 Pro and I noticed this morning when I got in my car, it appears that Tasker was not running at all on my phone and had been killed somehow. I rebooted my phone and I now see Tasker as running saying "1 of 1 profiles enabled, 0 active" which it was not earlier. I seemed to get Tasker working on Friday and it seemed like it turned on my hotspot when it detected the bluetooth connection from my head unit, but the head unit seemed to take a long time to connect to the hotspot or not connect at all after waiting a few minutes, I minimized Sirius and went into wifi settings on the head unit and upon opening that it auto connected. I will have to keep playing around with it.
Edit: I went through battery optimization settings and they were not fully disabled for Tasker which I am assuming caused issues and the app to fully close down in the background over the weekend. Will continue to test and monitor it throughout the week.

Also the sirius app is so frustrating. It allows you to download shows to your device, yet if it cannot actively get a connection, the app will not even open so you still need an active internet connection to get into it to listen to what you downloaded. Was hoping the "download" option may be a solution if I forget to turn on my hotspot or tasker doesn't work etc but instead it just sits on a blue screen doing nothing until it gets a signal.

Other than these things which are not specific to the head unit everything has been great and still have to work on trying to nail down the audio.

Edit: Also curious if anyone know if there is a way to remove all of the new additional lines and clutter on the backup camera and have it only display the red/yellow/green parallel lines on the left and right side of the camera when backing up and remove all of the other lines and stuff that is in between these 2 original lines.

Also, I have noticed when I use remote start to turn on my car, the Teyes head unit does not seem to actually power on until I get into the car and press the "start" button manually. Is this normal or intended or should it be turning on with remote start?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I am wondering if my phone might be part of the problem. Using a OnePlus 7 Pro and I noticed this morning when I got in my car, it appears that Tasker was not running at all on my phone and had been killed somehow. I rebooted my phone and I now see Tasker as running saying "1 of 1 profiles enabled, 0 active" which it was not earlier. I seemed to get Tasker working on Friday and it seemed like it turned on my hotspot when it detected the bluetooth connection from my head unit, but the head unit seemed to take a long time to connect to the hotspot or not connect at all after waiting a few minutes, I minimized Sirius and went into wifi settings on the head unit and upon opening that it auto connected. I will have to keep playing around with it.
Edit: I went through battery optimization settings and they were not fully disabled for Tasker which I am assuming caused issues and the app to fully close down in the background over the weekend. Will continue to test and monitor it throughout the week.

Also the sirius app is so frustrating. It allows you to download shows to your device, yet if it cannot actively get a connection, the app will not even open so you still need an active internet connection to get into it to listen to what you downloaded. Was hoping the "download" option may be a solution if I forget to turn on my hotspot or tasker doesn't work etc but instead it just sits on a blue screen doing nothing until it gets a signal.

Other than these things which are not specific to the head unit everything has been great and still have to work on trying to nail down the audio.

Edit: Also curious if anyone know if there is a way to remove all of the new additional lines and clutter on the backup camera and have it only display the red/yellow/green parallel lines on the left and right side of the camera when backing up and remove all of the other lines and stuff that is in between these 2 original lines.

Also, I have noticed when I use remote start to turn on my car, the Teyes head unit does not seem to actually power on until I get into the car and press the "start" button manually. Is this normal or intended or should it be turning on with remote start?
Mine does this as well with the remote start. I'm guessing that's just how it's supposed to be. Is there a way to have the radio go to the last station it's been on? For some reason the radio always starts on some random station I don't even have saved. Tried looking for a setting but couldn't see anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Installed the T'EYES backup camera today. My trailhawk already has a backup camera but I wanted the ability to record full time and upgrade the camera now that I have a larger screen to display it on. I now have full-time recordings front and rear.
I purchased the camera mount which replaces one of your rear license plate lights to provide a mount for the camera. Found it on AliExpress for like 6 bucks.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

I disassembled the hatch plastics and ran the wires through the original conduit at the top of the hatch, fished wires through with a stiff wire
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Trunk

Then ran the cables along the edge of the interior roof liner all the way to the front.
Took me about 3 hours from start to finish, and the image is much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed the T'EYES backup camera today. My trailhawk already has a backup camera but I wanted the ability to record full time and upgrade the camera now that I have a larger screen to display it on. I now have full-time recordings front and rear.
I purchased the camera mount which replaces one of your rear license plate lights to provide a mount for the camera. Found it on AliExpress for like 6 bucks.
View attachment 220837
I disassembled the hatch plastics and ran the wires through the original conduit at the top of the hatch, fished wires through with a stiff wire
View attachment 220838
Then ran the cables along the edge of the interior roof liner all the way to the front.
Took me about 3 hours from start to finish, and the image is much better.
Wow! Looks great!! Can you post links for the items you purchased? I will have my dad help me do this. I am still struggling with the oem backup camera in my Jeep.
Also any additional steps to get this done would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I assume you already have the T'EYES CC3 Android head unit, you just go to their site and look for the accessories for the head unit and you'll see the camera. I did also purchase the extra long cable. The cables that come with it may have worked but I wasn't about to wait till the end to find out if it didn't quite reach and then have to rip out the whole thing and start over.
Here is the link for the camera mount. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/3256801721325999.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.2904f19cTZfEDP

·
Registered
79 Posts
I resolved my issues with the camera. I found that if you go into the settings on the Teyes and go into "Original Car agreement" there were some options for reverse camera lines which was checked off and enabled. I disabled this option and it got rid of all of the additional lines and clutter that the Teyes app put on the display and left only the original stock lines. It is still a little blurry obviously but getting rid of all of the extra lines and stuff that didn't seem to be syncing up with the stock lines has made it so much easier to see what is going on on the screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assume you already have the T'EYES CC3 Android head unit, you just go to their site and look for the accessories for the head unit and you'll see the camera. I did also purchase the extra long cable. The cables that come with it may have worked but I wasn't about to wait till the end to find out if it didn't quite reach and then have to rip out the whole thing and start over.
Here is the link for the camera mount. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/3256801721325999.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.2904f19cTZfEDP
Yes I do have the unit. Thank you for this. I purchased the backup camera from T’EYES and the item from aliexpress.

Would you say it was difficult to do the install of the camera?also, it won’t interfere with the stock camera?

will I need to remove the unit to unplug anything on the back?

thank you again for your response.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes I do have the unit. Thank you for this. I purchased the backup camera from T’EYES and the item from aliexpress.

Would you say it was difficult to do the install of the camera?also, it won’t interfere with the stock camera?

will I need to remove the unit to unplug anything on the back?

thank you again for your response.
It it not difficult to install, just takes some time. You will have to use the video cable you are now using for you OEM camera for the T'EYES camera. You will not need the OEM camera. You will have to remove the CC3 from you dash as you need access to the rear. Follow the wiring diagram included with your CC3. You will have to splice into the RED wire at Power Port G (G3 specifically). I used this connector (IDEAL 85-925 Telephone Splice Connector 3-Wire) got it at Home Depot.
Automotive lighting Product Rectangle Glass Magenta

You can also use one for connecting the two RED wires together for the camera power supply (see wiring diagram again) No need to connect the YELLOW wire at G5.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: yodog

·
Registered
14 Posts
It it not difficult to install, just takes some time. You will have to use the video cable you are now using for you OEM camera for the T'EYES camera. You will not need the OEM camera. You will have to remove the CC3 from you dash as you need access to the rear. Follow the wiring diagram included with your CC3. You will have to splice into the RED wire at Power Port G (G3 specifically). I used this connector (IDEAL 85-925 Telephone Splice Connector 3-Wire) got it at Home Depot. View attachment 220851
You can also use one for connecting the two RED wires together for the camera power supply (see wiring diagram again) No need to connect the YELLOW wire at G5.
Hope this helps.
Gave this a try and was not able to be successful. And I do not trust the local places near me to install it as they have horrible reviews of leaving wires hanging down when they ran it from the front to the back.

I ended up having the dealer replace the camera and that seemed to help the quality of the camera but of course, not as good as your unit. Thank you for the explanation of your process.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What part of the installation were you not successful with?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What part of the installation were you not successful with?
Well we received the items and once it was time to install my dad thought it was too difficult. We tried to follow your instructions but he couldn’t do it. I’m a visual learner and without that I couldn’t complete the install. But thank you for your explanation. I was relying on my dad to do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible for this headunit to give phone audio notifications while listening to something built into the head unit? For instance, if my phone is connected via BT and I get a text, I will get a popup/notification about it, however if something like discord or email etc go off, I do not get any audio notification most likely because I am not playing audio from the bluetooth source. Anyone know if what I am looking for is possible, or would I have to either run everything off my phone, or install all the apps I would like notifications for on the actual head unit?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible for this headunit to give phone audio notifications while listening to something built into the head unit? For instance, if my phone is connected via BT and I get a text, I will get a popup/notification about it, however if something like discord or email etc go off, I do not get any audio notification most likely because I am not playing audio from the bluetooth source. Anyone know if what I am looking for is possible, or would I have to either run everything off my phone, or install all the apps I would like notifications for on the actual head unit?
It does natively. You dont even have to be on Carplay/Android auto although in both of those too. A pop up of the text shows up for about 9sec

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
I am not talking about texts, I am talking about other audio notifications.

You should hear the notifications on your phone though because with an Android head unit you won't be using Bluetooth ever. Any app you run off your phone will be installed on the head unit and you will be running it natively. I can't speak for iPhone but I know with Android if I'm on a phone call on my head unit I still hear email notifications from my phone itself. When it comes to music and things I do not stream from my phone I run the apps natively on the head unit.

There's some pretty big disclaimers with these Android head units and I'd highly recommend listening to them in my videos before purchasing one

·
Registered
79 Posts
Now that the weather is getting cold, has anyone had issues with their heated seats not turning on when starting the car remotely? I know when I got the head unit I went through and left all of the settings related to this seemingly at the default to operate as normal based on the temperature outside. I believe there is an option to turn on to force them to turn on everytime, but has anyone had issues with them not turning on automatically when it is cold out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now that the weather is getting cold, has anyone had issues with their heated seats not turning on when starting the car remotely? I know when I got the head unit I went through and left all of the settings related to this seemingly at the default to operate as normal based on the temperature outside. I believe there is an option to turn on to force them to turn on everytime, but has anyone had issues with them not turning on automatically when it is cold out?
I’ve noticed that mine do not turn on at all. Even during summer.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts