2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Measured distances and time aligned for proper staging for the drivers seat. As a professional in the car audio world told me: time align for one seat or else its just poor imaging/staging for everyone, yourself included.

Here are the measurements from the woofers to the center of the drivers headrest:
Vehicle Font Audio equipment Vehicle audio Multimedia

·
Registered
12 Posts
Measured distances and time aligned for proper staging for the drivers seat. As a professional in the car audio world told me: time align for one seat or else its just poor imaging/staging for everyone, yourself included.

Here are the measurements from the woofers to the center of the drivers headrest:
View attachment 220610
Thanks for the info bud I'll try copying your settings for this and see if it makes a difference. I dont know what it is but I feel like the stock radio made the speakers sound better than this head unit does, except for adding bass.

On a separate note, has anybody purchased the Sony HD back up cam from teyes? Wondering if it's just a straight swap or if the cam is completely different and has to be mounted somewhere on the exterior. Tried searching but couldn't find any info.

·
Registered
14 Posts

View attachment 220610
Thank you for this! Sound is now much improved.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the info bud I'll try copying your settings for this and see if it makes a difference. I dont know what it is but I feel like the stock radio made the speakers sound better than this head unit does, except for adding bass.

On a separate note, has anybody purchased the Sony HD back up cam from teyes? Wondering if it's just a straight swap or if the cam is completely different and has to be mounted somewhere on the exterior. Tried searching but couldn't find any info.
I'm thinking the Sony cam looks larger. Looks like the stock location might have to be modified.
Camera Digital camera Camera lens Reflex camera Point-and-shoot camera
Household hardware Rectangle Auto part Font Camera accessory
Camera Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera lens Camera accessory

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, my replacement wire harness and canbus came in this weekend and finally got to try and throw it in my car and my head unit is now working and booting up. Now I have to sit down and rewatch all the videos and go through the configuration settings since it's been months since I originally ordered this but just happy to have it up and running for now and looking forward to getting everything else set up and playing with it more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great to hear!! 👍👏

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is there a fix for this or can anyone share their settings for the picture quality? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
Did you ever have any luck with this? I understand the stock camera is likely a lot lower resolution than the actual android units display and that is causing the not so great image quality. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the camera display smaller, even if it is not "full screen" on the Teyes unit just to try and make things a little more clear? Everything is working fine for me but if I could shrink this down to make it so it doesn't look as pixelated and stretched that would be perfect.

My only other smaller issue which will take time is messing with the audio to get it to sound right. On my factory unit, I had barely changed the 3 EQ settings it had and I thought everything sounded really great with the stock unit and upgraded sound system I have, with this unit so far it just sounds super extra bassy and kind of muddy. I tried to mimic cwwjr's EQ settings and it sounds better than it did out of the box, but I think I still have a bit of work to do to try and get it sounding more to how I was used to. Other than that, everything has been great so far now that it is actually working. Sucks it was like a 3 month process but at the end of the day at least it is working. I also noticed the second canbus they sent me has a different number on it than my original "002" vs "003" and I can't help but wonder if this was part of the original problem.

Of course the primary app I will be using is SiriusXM to listen to radio show replays and that doesn't support the splitscreen view which kind of sucks but at the end of the day that's not a Teyes fault. So far I got the Agama launcher set up which I like, Deezer, youtube, sirius and google maps. I have not gone and uninstalled or removed any of the stock teyes apps like navi or anything yet. Checked for updates OTA and it says I am on the latest version but I have not looked online. I still need to go back and connect the blue antenna wires at some point but I don't use the radio and need to connect the additional USB ports/cables but for now I am happy having the unit up and running and being able to start messing with it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to be able to open google maps and have it "follow" you in real time the way a standalone GPS unit would, I feel like I have done this before on my phone but on the Teyes I feel like my options or the layout are slightly different. It's not the end of the world but if I could have it do this while not using actual directions it would be nice.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't think you're ever going to improve the OEM rear camera much. If you want a smaller image I suppose you can try a split screen. (If possible)?

I'm using Google maps and am able to use it full screen, see the attached pic. On the home screen tap the arrow on the lower left and that should expand your map view.

As far as your sound quality goes I took a couple of pics and attached them so you can try mine and see if they work any better for you.
In case you cannot read the number for the amp setting, it reads "40".
Gadget Television set Display device Electronic device Multimedia

Personal luxury car Vehicle Multimedia Display device Audio equipment

Font Audio equipment Gas Gadget Multimedia

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think you're ever going to improve the OEM rear camera much. If you want a smaller image I suppose you can try a split screen. (If possible)?

I'm using Google maps and am able to use it full screen, see the attached pic. On the home screen tap the arrow on the lower left and that should expand your map view.

As far as your sound quality goes I took a couple of pics and attached them so you can try mine and see if they work any better for you.
In case you cannot read the number for the amp setting, it reads "40".
Thanks, I will go through and give this a shot when I have a moment.

Google maps works in full screen, I was curious if it will function similar to a stock unit, or how google maps works while you are driving with directions on, where it points an arrow which way you are going and keeps that "centered" in the screen adjusting the view around it based on what direction you are traveling etc. Right now, if I just pull up maps without setting a destination, it just shows a little blue circle and if I drive off the map I drive off the map, it doesn't "follow me" like it does when you are actually using navigation with a destination if that makes any sense.Not the end of the world, just curious if there's a way to do that without using navigation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do i get contacts into the Bluetooth Phone app? There is nowhere I can see to add contacts, so i created a google account specifically for this unit, added a couple contacts to google contacts on this account and added it to the CC3 in settings and Sync is turned on and it says it synced the contacts. The bluetooth phone app still shows no saved contacts. Any idea how to solve this? Id like to add names and pictures to contacts if possible.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do i get contacts into the Bluetooth Phone app? There is nowhere I can see to add contacts, so i created a google account specifically for this unit, added a couple contacts to google contacts on this account and added it to the CC3 in settings and Sync is turned on and it says it synced the contacts. The bluetooth phone app still shows no saved contacts. Any idea how to solve this? Id like to add names and pictures to contacts if possible.
I have a Google account so maybe that is the key. Have you set up Android Auto or Carplay? It sounds like using one would be best and easiest for you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks, I will go through and give this a shot when I have a moment.

Google maps works in full screen, I was curious if it will function similar to a stock unit, or how google maps works while you are driving with directions on, where it points an arrow which way you are going and keeps that "centered" in the screen adjusting the view around it based on what direction you are traveling etc. Right now, if I just pull up maps without setting a destination, it just shows a little blue circle and if I drive off the map I drive off the map, it doesn't "follow me" like it does when you are actually using navigation with a destination if that makes any sense.Not the end of the world, just curious if there's a way to do that without using navigation.
It's tough to diagnose some of these issues on a forum. Mine works seamlessly. You're just gonna have to become familiar with all the settings.

I have my phone connected to Bluetooth, I also use my phone as a HotSpot so I can use WiFi on the CC3. This gives me the ability to watch TV if I choose (YouTube TV) or any other service that requires a WiFi connection.😁
In this scenario you cannot use wireless Carplay. So I also plug my phone into the USB port of the Cherokee for Android Auto and charge my phone at the same time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a Google account so maybe that is the key. Have you set up Android Auto or Carplay? It sounds like using one would be best and easiest for you.
Thats the thing, i created a Google account specifically for the CC3, so it should have everything it needs. I do have carplay, but im not always using it so id like to have it sync'd on the unit as well. So, you do have contacts on the CC3 itself in the Phone app?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you ever have any luck with this? I understand the stock camera is likely a lot lower resolution than the actual android units display and that is causing the not so great image quality. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the camera display smaller, even if it is not "full screen" on the Teyes unit just to try and make things a little more clear? Everything is working fine for me but if I could shrink this down to make it so it doesn't look as pixelated and stretched that would be perfect.

My only other smaller issue which will take time is messing with the audio to get it to sound right. On my factory unit, I had barely changed the 3 EQ settings it had and I thought everything sounded really great with the stock unit and upgraded sound system I have, with this unit so far it just sounds super extra bassy and kind of muddy. I tried to mimic cwwjr's EQ settings and it sounds better than it did out of the box, but I think I still have a bit of work to do to try and get it sounding more to how I was used to. Other than that, everything has been great so far now that it is actually working. Sucks it was like a 3 month process but at the end of the day at least it is working. I also noticed the second canbus they sent me has a different number on it than my original "002" vs "003" and I can't help but wonder if this was part of the original problem.

Of course the primary app I will be using is SiriusXM to listen to radio show replays and that doesn't support the splitscreen view which kind of sucks but at the end of the day that's not a Teyes fault. So far I got the Agama launcher set up which I like, Deezer, youtube, sirius and google maps. I have not gone and uninstalled or removed any of the stock teyes apps like navi or anything yet. Checked for updates OTA and it says I am on the latest version but I have not looked online. I still need to go back and connect the blue antenna wires at some point but I don't use the radio and need to connect the additional USB ports/cables but for now I am happy having the unit up and running and being able to start messing with it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to be able to open google maps and have it "follow" you in real time the way a standalone GPS unit would, I feel like I have done this before on my phone but on the Teyes I feel like my options or the layout are slightly different. It's not the end of the world but if I could have it do this while not using actual directions it would be nice.

Nope, I am with you if there was a way I could split the screen when reversing or shrink it I would be happy. Because when you are in reverse mode the picture gets a bit too distorted/blurry.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nope, I am with you if there was a way I could split the screen when reversing or shrink it I would be happy. Because when you are in reverse mode the picture gets a bit too distorted/blurry.
I don't think it that bad considering you only use it to back up. At night it is worse, I know. You could try upgrading your backup lights.......
I recently ordered the T"EYES backup camera as I will be using it as a rear drive cam.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Figured this out. Im using iPhone so its a two step process that wasnt completely obvious on either device:
On the iPhone, go to bluetooth settings, then click the i icon next to Carkit. Once you are in there, switch the slider for Sync Contacts
On the CC3, go to the phone app, then the phone book icon, then press the icon with the down facing arrow. This will load your synced contacts from your phone.

The only last piece of the puzzle I cannot figure out is contact pictures. It syncs them from your phones contact image, but in my experience its random what photos will sync and which will not. Some of my contacts that have photos on my iPhone will show the photo on the CC3, some will not. I cannot figure out what the issue is there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Tasker? I created a profile and set it to turn on wifi tethering when the phone connects to my head unit via bluetooth. I tested it and got in my car, turned it on and everything and my phone shows that the Tasker profile is detected and active and detecting that the bluetooth is connected to what I set, however the hotspot on my phone does not actually turn on. Anyone have any ideas on this by any chance?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Tasker? I created a profile and set it to turn on wifi tethering when the phone connects to my head unit via bluetooth. I tested it and got in my car, turned it on and everything and my phone shows that the Tasker profile is detected and active and detecting that the bluetooth is connected to what I set, however the hotspot on my phone does not actually turn on. Anyone have any ideas on this by any chance?
I have this setup on my phone and it works well. Samsung Galaxy S20.
I remember when I set it up that the guides I found mentioned that on some phones it would not work and an extra app might be required.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts