2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 jeep Cherokee trailhawk
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been stalking the forums for awhile. Just wondering if anyone has done the badge of honor trails in Hot springs . I’ve got a currently stock 2020 Cherokee TH and I’m in town for a week. Not sure if I’d be able to complete the fun run or not . But I’m guessing I could for sure do snake and possibly rubicon ridge but seeing if any others have experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do share!!!😎
Is it weird of all the people to reply I’m kinda glad to see you! 🤣 since I’ve gotten the Cherokee I’ve been using yours and snowhawk2015’s build as what I wanna do to mine eventually. I just happen to be in town to visit my grandparents. I also found the park says for how they rate the trails they recommend 32 inch tires.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,646 Posts
Is it weird of all the people to reply I’m kinda glad to see you! 🤣 since I’ve gotten the Cherokee I’ve been using yours and snowhawk2015’s build as what I wanna do to mine eventually. I just happen to be in town to visit my grandparents. I also found the park says for how they rate the trails they recommend 32 inch tires.
Mine is just an example of basically stock, with a lift and tires for my reliable daily driver. There's far better examples of "builds" around here than mine, if that's what you're looking for, like @Snowhawk2015 and a few others...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I made it through snake and I went farther a than I needed to . Some minor damage because of it. According to my grandfather who helped guide me my back wheel was about 2 feet off the ground at one drop point on the second part of the trail.

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Well I made it through snake and I went farther a than I needed to . Some minor damage because of it. According to my grandfather who helped guide me my back wheel was about 2 feet off the ground at one drop point on the second part of the trail.
So was it worth it, and more importantly, did you have fun, and laugh about it afterwards???😉😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So was it worth it, and more importantly, did you have fun, and laugh about it afterwards???😉😎
Yes of course had fun wish I had know of course about not doing the second half.y grandfather and I both after the second half were so glad to be done. Hoping the only damage will be the 2 brackets. I made a appointment to get it in a lift to check everything. I actually have the rear muffler bracket ordered and should be at home waiting . Had to get it from a dealer in Detroit . I’m not actually sure what the other thing is that’s broke . I’d definitely recommend anyone with a stock cherokee trailhawk though to not be afraid off the first part of snake .

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Yes of course had fun wish I had know of course about not doing the second half.y grandfather and I both after the second half were so glad to be done. Hoping the only damage will be the 2 brackets. I made a appointment to get it in a lift to check everything. I actually have the rear muffler bracket ordered and should be at home waiting . Had to get it from a dealer in Detroit . I’m not actually sure what the other thing is that’s broke . I’d definitely recommend anyone with a stock cherokee trailhawk though to not be afraid off the first part of snake .
Ya, I was trying to figure out what the second picture was. Glad you had fun though.
Bicycle part Nickel Auto part Metal Event
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
You didn't need that bathroom garbage can of a muffler anyway. Now would be a great time to upgrade to a nice Gibson system. It will sure free up some departure angle...😉😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, I was trying to figure out what the second picture was. Glad you had fun though. View attachment 220306 View attachment 220307 You didn't need that bathroom garbage can of a muffler anyway. Now would be a great time to upgrade to a nice Gibson system. It will sure free up some departure angle...😉😎
Well I’d I need to maybe. Looking though it shows it’s for the 3.2 does it work on the 2.0 liter also?

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Well I’d I need to maybe. Looking though it shows it’s for the 3.2 does it work on the 2.0 liter also?
Sure it would, it's just an axle back system. You're keeping the stock resonator. It's basically just a cleaner muffler system. Probably sounds pretty good too...😎

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Seriously though, I'm getting ready to get rid of the "garbage can" as well. A really good exhaust guy can build you that same system for probably half of what Gibson charges for theirs...😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure it would, it's just an axle back system. You're keeping the stock resonator. It's basically just a cleaner muffler system. Probably sounds pretty good too...😎
I’ll look into it if i have to . It does definitely look nicer especially the blackout version. Other than a couple dents I saw in the piping I’m pretty sure i only need the bracket. I got a appointment to have the dealer put it on a lift and help me figure what all broke and go from there.

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
I’ll look into it if i have to . It does definitely look nicer especially the blackout version. Other than a couple dents I saw in the piping I’m pretty sure i only need the bracket. I got a appointment to have the dealer put it on a lift and help me figure what all broke and go from there.
Right on. If I can give you a little offroading advice, next time start out with some trails that are a little easier. I don't know how much offroading experience you have, I have like 50 years, but rule number one is, stay within your vehicles limitations, and more importantly, stay within your own limitations, abilities, and skill level. When you don't, a great day of offroading can turn into a regretful, and expensive bought lesson, or worse. Good luck brother, and keep us posted on the repair report, and let's get a few mods done before you jump right into the Badge of Honor trails...😉😎
Tin Automotive lighting Guitar accessory Motor vehicle Tin can

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right on. If I can give you a little offroading advice, next time start out with some trails that are a little easier. I don't know how much offroading experience you have, I have like 50 years, but rule number one is, stay within your vehicles limitations, and more importantly, stay within your own limitations, abilities, and skill level. When you don't, a great day of offroading can turn into a regretful, and expensive bought lesson, or worse. Good luck brother, and keep us posted on the repair report, and let's get a few mods done before you jump right into the Badge of Honor trails...😉😎
View attachment 220308
Haha thanks only reason I tried it was I saw a compass had done it 🤣. That said again the actual badge of honor part of the trail super easy. That said most of my off road experience is minimum maintenance roads found in the corn fields of north Dakota . And even though what all may be broken I know that the parts on the back part of the trail I went through I’m lucky that’s all that broke.

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
Haha thanks only reason I tried it was I saw a compass had done it 🤣. That said again the actual badge of honor part of the trail super easy. That said most of my off road experience is minimum maintenance roads found in the corn fields of north Dakota . And even though what all may be broken I know that the parts on the back part of the trail I went through I’m lucky that’s all that broke.
This is why I have Can Am's, for the hard stuff...LOL!!!😉😎

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck brother, and keep us posted on the repair report, and let's get a few mods done before you jump right into the Badge of Honor trails...😉😎
Well according to the dealership here I only need 2 brackets everything else is fine. They couldn’t get them ordered before I left but my local dealer will have them waiting when I get back. For now I got the muffler tied up with some wire from lowes 😂

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts