2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I looked this morning when I got home from dropping the wife off, it is there.
The reason I never saw it was they put at the bottom of the safety menu; normally there's only two pages when you scroll down, however that menu has just one more item necessitating another push down on the navigation menu arrow....and there it is right at the bottom of the list.......Sneaky.

Never used it or knew mainly because I'm OCD about keeping my tires pressurized and usually run an extra 3-4 psi in the winter (especially) to make sure they don't drop so low they set off the warning at -40.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
591 Posts
I actually went out and looked to confirm it was there before posting(on the 2019), I never saw it on my 2017, but it is in a fairly hard to see spot in the settings.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I wonder if this is an Elite trim level feature. I went to the bottom of the safety and driving assistance section, and mine ends with Hill Start Assist, down arrow grayed out, can't go any further. Seems i'll be asking the dealer when it goes in for an oil change. Might try engineering mode and do a factory reset.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I wonder if this is an Elite trim level feature. I went to the bottom of the safety and driving assistance section, and mine ends with Hill Start Assist, down arrow grayed out, can't go any further. Seems i'll be asking the dealer when it goes in for an oil change. Might try engineering mode and do a factory reset.
Hmm. If you compare both screenshots, yours shows 8 items in the list and @UN4GTBL 's is showing 13. Could be an Elite thing, or just an extra package option perhaps ? Like the radio with NAV ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hmm. If you compare both screenshots, yours shows 8 items in the list and @UN4GTBL 's is showing 13. Could be an Elite thing, or just an extra package option perhaps ? Like the radio with NAV ?
His radio is non-nav....the Nav versions have several extra features (including additional themes)

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
His radio is non-nav....the Nav versions have several extra features (including additional themes)
Yeah that's what I meant, maybe it didn't come out right. @UN4GTBL has NAV on his, so yes more features including Tire Fill Assist. @jim_87 doesn't have NAV, with 5 less items on that settings list. I'm just trying to determine which option, or option group, gives Tire Fill Assist.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I DON'T have the nav package. The latest online Owner's Manual DOES mention it as an option that can be enabled or disabled through the customer settings in the radio. I DON'T have the option in Uconnect. The Owner's Manual DOES NOT list it in the Uconnect options for nav or non-nav.

But my Tire Fill Alert works just fine on my 2019 TH/E 2.0T. It's listed in the Build Sheet under Standard Equipment.

Go figure.

Edit: I just checked the 2020 Owner's Manual. No mention of that option in Uconnect there either. Maybe a non-US feature to enable/disable?

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I DON'T have the nav package. The latest online Owner's Manual DOES mention it as an option that can be enabled or disabled through the customer settings in the radio. I DON'T have the option in Uconnect. The Owner's Manual DOES NOT list it in the Uconnect options for nav or non-nav.

But my Tire Fill Alert works just fine on my 2019 TH/E 2.0T. It's listed in the Build Sheet under Standard Equipment.

Go figure.

Edit: I just checked the 2020 Owner's Manual. No mention of that option in Uconnect there either. Maybe a non-US feature to enable/disable?
Weird. @Rand is in the US and says he has the feature (in Settings). @SpeedtekTH is in Canada and doesn't seem to have it. More digging required ? ;)

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I have nav and comfort and convenience.
Thanks. One thing I forgot to ask : UConnect version. Some appear to be saying the option could've been removed with an update.
We'll get to the bottom of this, sooner or later...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Weird. @Rand is in the US and says he has the feature (in Settings). @SpeedtekTH is in Canada and doesn't seem to have it. More digging required ? ;)
No, I do have the feature, but my unit has Nav as well.

The one that didn't seem to have it didn't have Nav, so I thought maybe that was a feature that came with a Nav equipped unit. However this does not seem to be the case as we now have a report of the future working on a non-Nav rig.

Reactions: AZJeeper and Mark_

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in Canada, non-NAV unit and the feature works (horn beeps on tire fill) but there isn't an option on the UConnect display to enable/disable it. BTW, '19 TH just with cold weather and tow packages.

On a side note, been a year now with no UConnect updates ...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thanks. One thing I forgot to ask : UConnect version. Some appear to be saying the option could've been removed with an update.
We'll get to the bottom of this, sooner or later...
You could be right, there was some other option I remember having, and now it's gone too. Wish I could remember what it was.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just ran into this for the first time today, after forgetting it was a feature. All of a sudden I was like "did my car just honk at me?" lol. Get back inside and the hazards were flashing and the tire fill light went away.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts