2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
OP here has a new problem to report though : it's a high beam bulb out, not low beam. It's a one filament bulb, single intensity, high beam occuring only when the shutter goes down in the headlamp projector (solenoïd). Many of us have seen the low beam bulb out message, but high beam ? Totally new to me.
oh, ah! er ...(y)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
If I recall correctly, the system runs a self check on startup and will throw bulb out errors even when the headlights are Off, perhaps only after the monitor has been tripped once with the headlights On. I had this happen but can't recall 100%. But for me it was Low beam bulb out.Did you tinker with headlamp wiring at any point ? and I don't mean the headlight bulb connector, but the connector/wiring on the side of the headlamps..
for a long time I've been getting a license plate light out msg, but the lights are on. annoying but I just hit the OK button & fuggetaboutit. it used to be rare, but after getting rear ended & repaired, the error is fairly frequent

·
Administrator
7,469 Posts
With the XD kit, I often get low beam out message...funny part is...about half the time both bulbs are lit when I check..

Most times when I get the message and one bulb is out, the engine bay is hot from idling or slow traffic so I'm guessing the PWM gets hot..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts