2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude v6 August 7, 2017. On Monday September 11, 2017 Had to have it towed to my dealer. The engine light came on. I was in reverse backing up, stopped put it in drive and the engine revved, but did not go anywhere. It finally did go and rove it a little bit. The engine light came on and pulled into a parking lot and used the assist button in the Cherokee for help. The roadside assistant called a tow truck to my location and called my dealer and I talked to the service tech and explained to him my issue.They got me right in at around 3:30 pm on that Monday right when I arrived with it on the flatbed. Apparently there was a flash update for the transmission. The error code said that was the issue and knock on wood,lol, so far issue solved. So... anyone driving without this update might want to get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like they took good care of you.

My 2015 TH gave me a "Service Transmission" message about 6 months after I bought it. The transmission was stuck in 8th gear, driving north on I-94. Once I got to my exit and stopped, the message cleared and it drove normally. Took it in the next day and they told me that the code was for a software flash. They performed the flash and it is has been fine ever since. Now I'm about to turn over 52,000 miles and still going strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts