2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
EverStartEverStart Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size H7 (12 Volt 850 CCA)
$169.84
(3.5)3.5 stars out of 49 reviews49 reviews
$16/mo with
Affirm
Learn how
Price when purchased online
Popular

Hi again,
It’s me again. The following is a battery I found but not sure if it is okay for my Jeep
2015 Jeep Cherokee

This part is a good fit
Change
Qty required:1
Note: Battery is vented to outside of vehicle.; AGM Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) is required, Battery Spec: H7 Group Size; 850 CCA; 1000 CA; 140 Minute Reserve Capacity; 4 Year Free Replacement

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
EverStartEverStart Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size H7 (12 Volt 850 CCA)
$169.84
(3.5)3.5 stars out of 49 reviews49 reviews
$16/mo with
Affirm
Learn how
Price when purchased online
Popular

Hi again,
It’s me again. The following is a battery I found but not sure if it is okay for my Jeep
2015 Jeep Cherokee

This part is a good fit
Change
Qty required:1
Note: Battery is vented to outside of vehicle.; AGM Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) is required, Battery Spec: H7 Group Size; 850 CCA; 1000 CA; 140 Minute Reserve Capacity; 4 Year Free Replacement
Yes, the Walmart H7 AGM has a great price as well, and it's the exact same battery. One problem we've seen is that availability is hit and miss ; Walmart gets them by batches, some stores run out quickly.

typo edit

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi everyone,
I replaced the battery. Took a couple days for lights to go off. But everything worked. Yay!! Until last night. The Auto Start system came up again, only this time it is reading to service system. I just don’t know what I am searching for online. A lot of the places I’ve searched says “item not found”, so I am not sure what exactly it’s called..

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
Hi everyone,
I replaced the battery. Took a couple days for lights to go off. But everything worked. Yay!! Until last night. The Auto Start system came up again, only this time it is reading to service system. I just don’t know what I am searching for online. A lot of the places I’ve searched says “item not found”, so I am not sure what exactly it’s called..
Uhm what exactly are you searching for ?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
See if this helps:
Ignore the second battery part, our Cherokee does everything with one battery.
Maybe one of the 5 big fuses one the end of the PDC is open (blown)?

Also, refer to this Post in the Gladiator Forum: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/service-stop-start-system.24631/
It uses 2 batteries also. Lots of Posts but maybe you will find something useful.

Check with @JeepCares on this Forum, they try to help if they can.

Sure am glad my 2014 doesn't have ESS, just one more thing to make Jeep ownership miserable.

This company sells a start/stop eliminator: Autostop Eliminator - Disable The Auto Start Stop Feature
Don't know anything about it, might be a good idea?
Has one for sale: Traded her in

·
Administrator
7,636 Posts
Doesn't S/S sometimes take several more restarts than other MIL to clear? Don't have it but seem to remember that from posts here ...

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
Doesn't S/S sometimes take several more restarts than other MIL to clear? Don't have it but seem to remember that from posts here ...
It's complicated I guess. This time, OP says all was good after the battery swap, and 'later' they got ''Service Stop/Start''. That is not typical of reset period. ''Service Stop/Start'' has a few potential causes that we've seen : bad IBS is #1, a bad sensor somewhere is another. Loose battery connector ? Maybe. Not easy to troubleshoot.
If OP has driven the Jeep for more that 2 days after the battery swap, the reset period is definitely over.
Because all was good for a while and then this, I'd look for a loose battery connector first.
You can throw money on a new IBS as well, and hope for the best (less than$100).

41 - 53 of 53 Posts