2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
Also, today I went to use remote start and that isn’t working. Going to start with main battery and search on my own to see if there is an aux battery for start/ stop system
Sigh

Your Cherokee only has ONE battery. Some service poeple at Jeep dealerships mistake a Cherokee for a Grand Cherokee... because V6 [edit] Grand Cherokees have 2 batteries (and V6 Wranglers).

Don't let them touch your Jeep and let them know that you know there is only one battery (the one under the hood).

My advice : go to a big auto parts store, they willl test your battery for FREE (ask before you go, to make sure). Do not let this dewaler rip you off... Grrr....

Remote start won't work if you have a Check engine light condition. Is this the case ?

Late edit to add 'Grand' up there in first paragraph

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,388 Posts
I will start with battery. I called a Jeep dealership today. And the mechanic told me my Jeep has two batteries. It will cost me 190 to just have them run test alone. Excuse me for this… but ***k them. A main battery alone is 256. I am on disability and this is not in the budget
Unless your's is a Grand Cherokee, this is the "Not so Grand" regular Cherokee forum, and they're completely different vehicles, it only has one battery. Your friendly neighborhood auto parts store, Autozone, O'Reilly and the other big chain parts stores will test the battery for free. I would also check all connections and grounds as well...😎

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Also, today I went to use remote start and that isn’t working. Going to start with main battery and search on my own to see if there is an aux battery for start/ stop system
We do have what's called an IBS, or Intelligent Battery Sensor that is located on the negative battery cable, the little box thing near the terminal that can sometimes fail, but it's fairly rare...😎
Electronic device Office equipment Motor vehicle Auto part Cable

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sigh

Your Cherokee only has ONE battery. Some service poeple at Jeep dealerships mistake a Cherokee for a Grand Cherokee... because V6 Cherokees have 2 batteries (and V6 Wranglers).

Don't let them touch your Jeep and let them know that you know there is only one battery (the one under the hood).

My advice : go to a big auto parts store, they willl test your battery for FREE (ask before you go, to make sure). Do not let this dewaler rip you off... Grrr....

Remote start won't work if you have a Check engine light condition. Is this the case ?
I am not aware of a check engine light. I tried starting from inside the house.
I had no intention of going to that dealership.. I was too shocked when I heard the amount and the way the guy talked, it sounded like a bulls*** line of crap.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am not aware of a check engine light. I tried starting from inside the house.
I had no intention of going to that dealership.. I was too shocked when I heard the amount and the way the guy talked, it sounded like a bulls*** line of crap.
So my Jeep being a v6 has nothing to do with it?

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
I made a typo in my previous post. I said V6 Cherokees have 2 batteries, but it's V6,Grand Cherokees. I'll try and edit it, if I still can.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,547 Posts
I will start with battery. I called a Jeep dealership today. And the mechanic told me my Jeep has two batteries. It will cost me 190 to just have them run test alone. Excuse me for this… but ***k them. A main battery alone is 256. I am on disability and this is not in the budget
FYI, the GRAND Cherokee has 2 batteries (they are under the passenger seat), the Cherokee KL that this site is for, only has one which is under the hood (in front of the driver)

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
FYI, the GRAND Cherokee has 2 batteries (they are under the passenger seat), the Cherokee KL that this site is for, only has one which is under the hood (in front of the driver)
OP says it's a 2015 Cherokee North. That's our Canadian version of the Latitude. But I notice now OP sports a US flag. So... if this is a Cherokee, it's a Canadian import. I know many US dealers close to the border have access to used Canadian KLs.

·
Administrator
7,636 Posts
OP says it's a 2015 Cherokee North. That's our Canadian version of the Latitude. But I notice now OP sports a US flag. So... if this is a Cherokee, it's a Canadian import. I know many US dealers close to the border have access to used Canadian KLs.
The 'North' was also offered new in New England AFAIK...I do know in Maine, as my wife drives a 2017 North which we bought new at a dealer. I think it's basically a Latitude with the 'cold weather package' of remote start, heated seats and wheel and a block heater. Although hers also has leather and a V6

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
The 'North' was also offered new in New England AFAIK...I do know in Maine, as my wife drives a 2017 North which we bought new at a dealer. I think it's basically a Latitude with the 'cold weather package' of remote start, heated seats and wheel and a block heater. Although hers also has leather and a V6
I remember you or someone else mentionning this a while back. Thought it was a Latitude North (ours is simply 'North'). Anyhoots, I don't think there's such a thing as a 2015 GC North, so we have a KL here, and only one battery, haha.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
So apparently, we've yet to determine from the OP if it's a Cherokee, or a Grand Cherokee which BTW, are still two completely different vehicles...🤔😎
Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've been saving this one for the right moment...😬😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,547 Posts
I think we all mean to make sure that the dealer knows that... :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Mine is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.. it only says North on the back… no mention of latitude or anything else. It’s 4 wheel drive, heated leather seats and steering wheel, back up camera, heated outside mirrors. And some other stuff. I bought it used.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee North
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mine is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.. it only says North on the back… no mention of latitude or anything else. It’s 4 wheel drive, heated leather seats and steering wheel, back up camera, heated outside mirrors. And some other stuff. I bought it used. I know the grand Cherokee is much bigger than the Cherokee.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Mine is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.. it only says North on the back… no mention of latitude or anything else. It’s 4 wheel drive, heated leather seats and steering wheel, back up camera, heated outside mirrors. And some other stuff. I bought it used.
OK, definitely only one battery then, under the hood...😎

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have a sams club membership the 94R AGM battery is around 188 and should be 20$ off now(168) unless it just ended
If you are not a Sam's Club member, and you want to get the battery at that price, buy a Sam's Club gift card. You can shop using the gift card ( it's like a one time pass ).

21 - 40 of 53 Posts