2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find this part that I need for my jeep! I tried every auto place ever and I can't find no part number. I tried the dealer but they're telling me I need to replace the whole Coolant Hose but my hose is fine that connector just broke! Does anyone know the part number? I have a 2014 jeep cherokee latitude V6 and they told me it's a connector for the radiator coolant
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Vehicle Bumper

· Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,586 Posts
IMO, if the connector got to the point it would fail, I would replace the entire hose, just for piece of mind...

· Registered
648 Posts
Yep those quick connect hoses are all one piece and honestly safest to just replace the entire hose assembly vs diy'ing something together and have it leak or blow apart on the road. Seeing the quick connect fell apart I cannot imagine the integrity of the hose is much better. Replace it. Might as well do your other rad hoses as well while everything is drained. Make sure to use the proper mopar oat coolant.

· Registered
8 Posts
2014 Trailhawk 3.2L here.
My quick connect was leaking. Before I did a search on here I purchased a hose from a parts store. It doesn't come with the quick connect piece, and without is obviously shorter. It comes with a spring clamp on the quick connect side. I bought a worm screw clamp for the radiator side. My question is, will this hose work as is? Just clamp it onto the metal pipe?

Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar

Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas Tints and shades

· Registered
4,567 Posts
Refer to Post #8 above. Personally I would use OEM Mopar.
If you can deal with it fine, otherwise let your Jeep dealer deal with it, that is why they get paid the big bucks.
So far my 2014 TH has not done that, I hope.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
261 Posts
2014 Trailhawk 3.2L here.
My quick connect was leaking. Before I did a search on here I purchased a hose from a parts store. It doesn't come with the quick connect piece, and without is obviously shorter. It comes with a spring clamp on the quick connect side. I bought a worm screw clamp for the radiator side. My question is, will this hose work as is? Just clamp it onto the metal pipe?

View attachment 222197
View attachment 222198
A couple questions:

1. The hose you bought... was that the replacement part number or a just generic radiator hose that was roughly the same as the original?

2. Any of the quick-connect hoses I've worked on on my Cherokee (which admittedly has just been the lower radiator hose when I replaced my radiator) had the quick-connect already bonded/attached to the hose. I don't see how it could go on (reliably) without leaking and be able to hold pressure.

3. You included a second photo which has some aluminum-looking piece but no wording as to what this is. Are you asking something in reference to that photo?

4. The hose in the first picture with the quick-connect, can you clarify just to be certain, which hose that is on your Cherokee? Upper or lower radiator hose?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts