2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Olive Green 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone measure their ride height pre and post 2 inch lift? I took really rough measurements and recorded roughly 1.5 inches of lift from the ground to the upper wheel well after my 2 inch install (averaged 35 mm of lift between all 4 corners). The floor in the garage isn't necessarily perfectly flat which I'm sure played a part. Attatched are height pre lift, post lift, and post lift after driving and settling (in that order). Mostly just wondering if anyone got closer to 2 inches of lift after settling occurred.

Also, if anyone was curious, CV axle angle measured at 32 degrees after the 2 inch lift with the wheel at the lowest possible position. I know in the past I have been worried about CV longevity after a lift, but that puts my mind at ease. I think I read somewhere that maximum allowable CV angle was 35 degrees. Knowing that the CV stays below that even in the worst case scenario is nice. Also explains why most veteran members here only recommend going with a 2 inch lift. Even going up half an inch would put the CV past that max allowable angle.

Attachments

Reactions: EsperanzaCat

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,479 Posts
Anyone measure their ride height pre and post 2 inch lift? I took really rough measurements and recorded roughly 1.5 inches of lift from the ground to the upper wheel well after my 2 inch install (averaged 35 mm between all 4 corners). The floor in the garage isn't necessarily perfectly flat which I'm sure played a part. Attatched are height pre lift, post lift, and post lift after driving and settling (in that order). Mostly just wondering if anyone got closer to 2 inches of lift after settling occurred.

Also, if anyone was curious, CV axle angle measured at 32 degrees after the 2 inch lift with the wheel at the lowest possible position. I know in the past I have been worried about CV longevity after a lift, but that puts my mind at ease. I think I read somewhere that maximum allowable CV angle was 35 degrees. Knowing that the CV stays below that even in the worst case scenario is nice. Also explains why most veteran members here only recommend going with a 2 inch lift. Even going up half an inch would put the CV past that max allowable angle.
I have these measurements handy my fellow OG Trailhawk owner...😉😎
Tape measure Ruler Plant Tool Measuring instrument
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually a hub to fender measurement is more accurate as it disregards tire size.
Right, but since I was keeping stock tire size, we just made a quick measurement to compare, and still only achieved about 1.5 inches of lift

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Ok so about an inch taller. Its weird though, I'm still missing half an inch of lift somewhere
What lift do you have??? The thing about the spacer lifts is the rear is pretty cut and dry, 2" spacers will be 2" of lift. Now the front has more variance, depending on the installation process, strut clocking, and a couple of other factors. Are you running strut collars, because it's possible the struts have slipped a bit. @sqenixs I think had an issue with this, but I'm not sure how to explain it. Maybe he can chime in on that. I believe he's running the Hazard Sky lift, I run all MFC components...😎

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What lift do you have??? The thing about the spacer lifts is the rear is pretty cut and dry, 2" spacers will be 2" of lift. Now the front has more variance, depending on the installation process, strut clocking, and a couple of other factors. Are you running strut collars, because it's possible the struts have slipped a bit. @sqenixs I think had an issue with this, but I'm not sure how to explain it. Maybe he can chime in on that. I believe he's running the Hazard Sky lift, I run all MFC components...😎
I have the updated HS which is essentially the exact same thing as MFC. Dual strut collars in front, so no strut sliding back down. My mechanic and I spent 5 to 6 hours on install and took our time to ensure no strut rotation during collar install, and everything torqued to spec. Only thing I can think of is maybe my springs are getting a little soft, but I only have 45k on the Jeep.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I have the updated HS which is essentially the exact same thing as MFC. Dual strut collars in front, so no strut sliding back down. My mechanic and I spent 5 to 6 hours on install and took our time to ensure no strut rotation during collar install, and everything torqued to spec. Only thing I can think of is maybe my springs are getting a little soft, but I only have 45k on the Jeep.
Yes, that's a possibility. I just wish I would have bought, and installed the Bilstien B6 struts and shocks when I installed my lift, when they were still readily available...😎

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
554 Posts
Yes, that's a possibility. I just wish I would have bought, and installed the Bilstien B6 struts and shocks when I installed my lift, when they were still readily available...😎
I did some searching, places have them in stock. Just google the part number for each of them and click on the shopping tab. It loos like https://thmotorsports.com/ actually claims to have all of them. They do have an issue with their search/filter and it shows none for 19. I looked up the part numbers from Bilstien and just cross referenced.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I did some searching, places have them in stock. Just google the part number for each of them and click on the shopping tab. It loos like https://thmotorsports.com/ actually claims to have all of them. They do have an issue with their search/filter and it shows none for 19. I looked up the part numbers from Bilstien and just cross referenced.
They all claim to have them available, and in stock, until you click buy now, and then you get the old "Backordered, we'll notify you when they are available" message. I've had 2 orders from 2 different vendors where I bought and paid for them, and got tired of waiting, and canceled my order, twice now in the last 6-8 months now...😎

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are our initial measurements pre and post lift after a short drive. Height from the ground to the upper part of the wheel well are noted with the "H" and are measured in millimeters. Stock tires installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quick measure, im about 13 1/2 to bottom of rails in front, back is a bit higher.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick measure, im about 13 1/2 to bottom of rails in front, back is a bit higher.
Interesting. I'm right around there as well. Did you happen to measure from ground to upper wheel well above the wheels?

·
Registered
489 Posts
From memory, 34 1/2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From memory, 34 1/2
Hmm. I'm still about an inch off from that. Is that including your larger tires? If so, then that would account for the missing inch of ride height

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ya, tires are low due to cold, ill get a good measure tomorrow , did quick after getting outta hot tub, lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump. Anyone else have any input on how the 2 inch lift didn't actually lift 2 inches? I may be taking the lift apart and reinstalling and trying to find any reason on why I barely got a maximum 1.5 inches of lift

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Bump. Anyone else have any input on how the 2 inch lift didn't actually lift 2 inches? I may be taking the lift apart and reinstalling and trying to find any reason on why I barely got a maximum 1.5 inches of lift
2019+ sometimes dont see quite 2" mostly due to spring rate, and the different lca design compared to the older gen. Weight plays a big role as well. You can see almost a half inch drop in some vehicle just by filling the gas tank. The 2019+ in general have weird tolerances, where the exact same kit installed on 5 different jeeps will get 5 different measurements.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts