2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2.4L 4L - Gas
6 Posts
Thanks. Ok then, not A/C specific. When I say A/C, I mean the system involved in creating cold air (condenser, compressor, evaporator). You're talking about the blower, most likely. You can have any mechanic look at this, as long as they are competent. A blower problem is not that complicated for any trained mechanic...
please haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp. haha thank you

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
please haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp. haha thank you
Hi,

Hmmm your problem sounds more difficult to troubleshoot than any blower related issue I've seen here. Intermittent, will eventually work, ... and it is a new blower motor and resistor.

If it were a bad connection somewhere, it would likely go On and Off all the time, which isn't the case here. If the squirrel cage were obstructed/rubbing against something, you'd hear noise, constantly.

I'm stumped here, sorry... :-/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Hmmm your problem sounds more difficult to troubleshoot than any blower related issue I've seen here. Intermittent, will eventually work, ... and it is a new blower motor and resistor.

If it were a bad connection somewhere, it would likely go On and Off all the time, which isn't the case here. If the squirrel cage were obstructed/rubbing against something, you'd hear noise, constantly.

Thanks for your prompt response!

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,462 Posts
I'm having the same issues. Took to the dealership twice and they told me to replace the blower motor resistor and doing that removed the error codes (B10EA and B10E9) but the HVAC is still working intermittently. Last summer my fan made weird noises and I had the blower motor replaced so it's still new. I'll start the car and sometimes it'll turn on and other times it doesn't (but will kick in after 10-15 minutes). Just had it looked at all day yesterday by our family mechanic (he's been servicing our cars for 20 years) and he checked all electrical and BCM. Checked the fuses. I've tried tapping the blower motor, nothing. It's getting hot in Chicago and I can't stand this!
Hey, 5heela. We see you sent us a private message. We will work with you there to resolve these concerns.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

The last Jeep technician I worked with misdiagnosed the problem and said it was the blower motor and resistor... but today went to my usual service advisor and (far more experienced) technician and they said I needed to replace the A/C and heat control module (68280731AC).

Next week I have my FOURTH appointment. The dealership is being decent and they've only charged me a fee for diagnostics ($120) for one of the three visits thus far and I ended up buying the part on the Mopar website so next week's appointment will just be the 30 second install (two clips and three screws hahaha), proxy alignment, and whatever programming they need to do. I've previously done a proxy alignment myself with AlfaOBD but would you happen to know what else they would need to do to program the replaced part once it's installed? I don't think I'm going to DIY this since it's been such an annoying issue for the past few months.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
The last Jeep technician I worked with misdiagnosed the problem and said it was the blower motor and resistor... but today went to my usual service advisor and (far more experienced) technician and they said I needed to replace the A/C and heat control module (68280731AC).

Next week I have my FOURTH appointment. The dealership is being decent and they've only charged me a fee for diagnostics ($120) for one of the three visits thus far and I ended up buying the part on the Mopar website so next week's appointment will just be the 30 second install (two clips and three screws hahaha), proxy alignment, and whatever programming they need to do. I've previously done a proxy alignment myself with AlfaOBD but would you happen to know what else they would need to do to program the replaced part once it's installed? I don't think I'm going to DIY this since it's been such an annoying issue for the past few months.
Thanks for the follow up :)

Hmm well I'm taking notes on this one. I hadn't seen a problem with that module here on the forum until now.

We have a few members who tinker with AlfaOBD here (myself not included), but I'd go with letting them do it (proxy alignment and whatever else if applicable). sounds like a quick job for them and they sound... trustworthy.

Keep us posted ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the follow up :)

Hmm well I'm taking notes on this one. I hadn't seen a problem with that module here on the forum until now.

We have a few members who tinker with AlfaOBD here (myself not included), but I'd go with letting them do it (proxy alignment and whatever else if applicable). sounds like a quick job for them and they sound... trustworthy.

Keep us posted ;)
will do! And thank you so much for your advice!

oh and also, there was a leaf in the motor blower. 😂 it was making a little noise.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts