2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Latitude Plus that did not have the cold weather package. I have a bad back in which I have recently had surgery to correct and the heated seats in my wife's Charger feel great...except getting in and out of her car sucks. Was wondering if all seats came from the factory with heat inserts and if I could get them initiated by the local stealership? If so, I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of doing so? I was quoted $700 to have heated seats installed but the installers did not have a good location for the switches to look aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks
AK4wheeler

·
Registered
232 Posts
Typically manufacturers do not put the wiring in place for optional features since with modern cost cutting less cost to use a different harness.
I do know the seat parts for heated vs non heated seats are different as well. So not just a dealer feature turn on.
You can install aftermarket heater pads which typically stick onto the seat foam and just have to be wired up to switches and a switched 12v source. In other installs I have seen the installer's mount the switch on the side of each seat trim where the current seat controls are. Doesn't look bad if they use a switch that matches color etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed aftermarket seat heaters in Grand Cherokee. It takes 4 hours if you are doing it first time and 1 hour if you know what to do. That's my time difference between installing first seat heater for driver and second seat heater for passenger.
I put switches on the side of seat trim and these look like factory switches in Subaru.
The problem I had, is I had to get power from behind car stereo. There is no ACC signal in seat harness in Jeep GC.

I recommend WATERCARBON Premium Heated Seat, $63 and still working with no issues after 3 years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will be paying $63 for parts and $600 for 2-3 hours of labor. I would look for less expensive installer.
The best place to install switches is on console below radio, that's why switch wires are so long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Latitude Plus that did not have the cold weather package. I have a bad back in which I have recently had surgery to correct and the heated seats in my wife's Charger feel great...except getting in and out of her car sucks. Was wondering if all seats came from the factory with heat inserts and if I could get them initiated by the local stealership? If so, I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of doing so? I was quoted $700 to have heated seats installed but the installers did not have a good location for the switches to look aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks
AK4wheeler
Did you consult with an aftermarket car accessory place? I know some shops sell and install them, but have no idea on pricing and switches. Another source I know of is some of the aftermarket car restoration companies. Here is one style sold by Original Parts Group. I have not tried them (yet).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you consult with an aftermarket car accessory place? I know some shops sell and install them, but have no idea on pricing and switches. Another source I know of is some of the aftermarket car restoration companies. Here is one style sold by Original Parts Group. I have not tried them (yet).

As stated my original post, the aftermarket company quoted me $700 which is very pricey. Thanks for the link to the other...I still have to find someone to install.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
13 Posts
As stated my original post, the aftermarket company quoted me $700 which is very pricey. Thanks for the link to the other...I still have to find someone to install.

AK4wheeler
I wasn't sure if their quote was to add the heaters or replace the seats w/ heated seats. There are different kits out there. If you don't like one kit or one particular shop, keep looking around...

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
191 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That quote sounds way too low for a seat replacement. Another thing you might think of is a heated pad that sits on top of the upholstery.
Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Heated-Cushi...cphy=9060223&hvtargid=pla-1166895574237&psc=1
You are right..that quote is to install heater units under the factory leather/cloth seats. The heater units are $80 for the pair, $620 for labor.

My wife said the same thing about the heated pads. I have had something similar before and they slid around more than was useful.

I will call around for different pricing.

Thanks all.

AK4wheeler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts