2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had the driver side headlight go out on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. The auto has about 125k miles - lots of highway miles. I had the head lamp replaced for over $300 By my dealer! We just came back from a 10 day trip to Florida. During that time, the same headlight went out again. Some time after that, the stability control warning light ( car with swerve tires tracks behind) came on. Maybe a day after that, the engine fault warning light came on. With all these at one time, the car continued to run well and we finished our last 400 miles or so with no further problems. Question is: has anyone experienced similar issues and how was it finally resolved? My fear is to go to the dealer who will replace the light and reset the warning lights and the real issue will reoccur so time later. BTW- what’s with the $300+ for a headlight!? ?

ps- also noted that cruise control is not operable.

Russ C

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is not a 2014 KL Jeep Cherokee Summit, do you have a GRAND Cherokee Summit by chance, totaly different vehicle.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome to this dedicated 2014 & up KL Cherokee form, but for Grand Cherokee you would be better off for information click on here Jeep Cherokee Forum . Common misunderstanding.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,392 Posts
I recently had the driver side headlight go out on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. The auto has about 125k miles - lots of highway miles. I had the head lamp replaced for over $300 By my dealer! We just came back from a 10 day trip to Florida. During that time, the same headlight went out again. Some time after that, the stability control warning light ( car with swerve tires tracks behind) came on. Maybe a day after that, the engine fault warning light came on. With all these at one time, the car continued to run well and we finished our last 400 miles or so with no further problems. Question is: has anyone experienced similar issues and how was it finally resolved? My fear is to go to the dealer who will replace the light and reset the warning lights and the real issue will reoccur so time later. BTW- what’s with the $300+ for a headlight!? ?

ps- also noted that cruise control is not operable.

Russ C
Hi Russ001,
I am certainly sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your Jeep. While you are having your vehicle serviced by your dealer, feel free to send us a private message if you require any additional assistance.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts