2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting some extra clearance with the HS lift. But.. got plenty of miles on my stock tires I'd like to burn off before replacing. I'm a bit worried if I do it now my tires will look too small. Curious is anyone has any pics of a rig with a lift and stock tires?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's my TH with only the Hazard Sky lift and stock tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
With stock tires I think it looks really good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine has HS lift with stock tires as well. I still get ~10" of ground clearance. When the rubber wears out I'll put some 255/65/17s or 265/65/17s on (or whatever...undecided at this point) We need to figure out how to hack the BCM so we can program a larger tire size.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't have pics at the moment, but as others have shown the tire still look fine after the HS Lift. I just put mine on this past weekend and so far I love how it sits up a little higher. But now I'm looking at tires even though I only have 7500 miles after a year of ownership :eek:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
With the Hazard Sky lift, do the headlights need to be aligned? I’ve contemplated only doing 1 spacer in the rear (1/2”).

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
With the Hazard Sky lift, do the headlights need to be aligned? I’ve contemplated only doing 1 spacer in the rear (1/2”).
IMO, the headlights need to be aligned even without a lift. Mine bugged me for a while cuz they rode just a tad too high. Then when I put a lift on (call it a 1.5" but it's actually a little lower in front and higher in back. Slightly taller than HS.) It really needed it. I tinkered with it a little and finally landed on 3/4 of a turn downward (counter-clockwise)

via tapatalk | 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
How much lift do you actually gain? Just curious if
it's worth it, or wait until some bigger/better comes
along. I probably won't bother unless I can net 3"
out of the deal. The site claims 1" 1/2, just wanted
to see real world numbers..

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I thought they were LED light bars?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are light bars, 2 18" , which actually aren't there anymore, I took the bar and the lights off mounted the bracket to the bumper and installed 4 4" round Hella off road lights

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts