2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First Cherokee I’ve brought so bare with me on things. I want to hard wire a dash cam in my car because I really hate seeing wires. Is there a switch wire in the interior fuse panel ( one with turns on with the ignition ) ? Or is there another switch wire I can splice into? Thanks Ben

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You certainly are not getting any replies. Try this link: Dash Cam - My install
Use "Search Community" above center and search for dash cam, you should find a wealth of information.
I just plug my CamOne video recorder into a USB port. It only works with the ignition ON.
Which make and model and year do you have? Maybe our answers would be more specific.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sanghill. Thanks for your reply. That link is perfect for me. I own a 2014 Cherokee limited. Is UK spec any different to US spec? Thanks Ben

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Do you guys still drive on the wrong side of the road?
Was OK when I went to Bermuda. Had a terrible time readjusting when I got home.
Probably UK and USA specs are different, don't know how.
Do you have tail fog lights? Put them on my Saab.
Hang in there, most everything you want to know is on this forum if you can just find it.
We have lots of Canuks.

·
Registered
Jeep Cherokee KL Lite Brownstone 2020 3.2L V-6 948TE Cold Weather pkg.
19 Posts
Use shielded power supply wire, do not coil the wire and only ground shield at one (1) end. If using a ground wire of any appreciable length the same precautions should be used. This is especially true if powering any "hifrequency" devices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I forget where the thread is but on the us models by the gas pedal under the plastic panel next to it you could tap the two wires you needed.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
191 Posts
I think it's another dashcam or radar detector thread. But, the leads are those to the front 12v socket (switched).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts