2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2017 jeep cherokee is havig some issuses with starting up. spark plugs and ignition coil have been changed. it studders and and hesitates to start but it doesn't do it every start can anyone give me some advice

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,481 Posts
my 2017 jeep cherokee is havig some issuses with starting up. spark plugs and ignition coil have been changed. it studders and and hesitates to start but it doesn't do it every start can anyone give me some advice
First thing to do is get the battery tested, and check all connections and grounds. That's usually the culprit 98.5% of the time. Good luck, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
873 Posts
Have you had the fuel system cleaned? Knowing what you've done so far, I would say that you either have an intake air or fuel delivery problem.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Hi there and welcome :)

Which engine do you have please ? How many miles ? Last question : why did you replace plugs and coil(s) in the first place ? Thx.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
hi!!😊 and thanks for the responce it's a 4cylender engine 2.4 L it has over 99000 miles i had the spark plugs chang because the code p0303 and p0304 read misfire
Thanks for the details ;)

Ok... I'm more familiar with these issues on the V6, less prevalent on the 2.4 I think...

I'll let others who may have info for you chime in. Some have already mentionned fuel delivery and possible air intake issues.

Have you had the battery load tested ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the details ;)

Ok... I'm more familiar with these issues on the V6, less prevalent on the 2.4 I think...

I'll let others who may have info for you chime in. Some have already mentionned fuel delivery and possible air intake issues.

Have you had the battery load tested ?
i hav a new battery 6 months old

1 - 9 of 9 Posts