Registered
523 Posts
Nice man.. Sound clip pl0x.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: veightinterceptor

·
Registered
928 Posts
It has a nice deep mellow tone. Almost too quiet. Drove it for a day and took it back to the muffler shop. Had the resonator removed, much better!
View attachment 212277
Definitely post a sound clip video, especially if you're Trailhawk is a 2.0T. I want to hear what it sounds like. I was looking at their website, explain what exactly you did. I see they don't offer a catback system for KL's. I'm assuming that you bought the mufflers, and had the exhaust shop build the rest??? It looks great!!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I like that setup. I would actually be able to remove the left fill plug on the RDU. I have a TH.
Looks like it would avoid damage when going off road.
Are the chrome tips welded or clamped to the pipe.
I need them to be welded so they don't get ripped off.
Gibson doesn't have it on their web site yet.
Do you have a part number?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely post a sound clip video, especially if you're Trailhawk is a 2.0T. I want to hear what it sounds like. I was looking at their website, explain what exactly you did. I see they don't offer a catback system for KL's. I'm assuming that you bought the mufflers, and had the exhaust shop build the rest??? It looks great!!!
Mines a 3.2 V6.

I purchased the whole setup from Gibson as a kit. It's basically what I would describe as an "Axleback, not really a Catback."

As mentioned above, I did go back to the exhaust shop a day later and have the factory resonator deleted with a straight pipe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that setup. I would actually be able to remove the left fill plug on the RDU. I have a TH.
Looks like it would avoid damage when going off road.
Are the chrome tips welded or clamped to the pipe.
I need them to be welded so they don't get ripped off.
Gibson doesn't have it on their web site yet.
Do you have a part number?

Part # 617208 Link below.

The tips are clamped on, but I'm sure they can be welded.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thanks for the info. The Sale price looks good.
Hopefully it will fit 2014 to 2018 V6 also. Should be close enough my muffler shop can figure it out.
Should be really loud outside without the resonator. The Cherokee has real good sound insulation so it should be ok for the driver.
Doesn't look like you have been off road. My new rear lower control arms are all scratched from gliding over rocks.
Everything under your TH is nice and shiny.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It looks nice but that video on their website doesn't really show off the sound well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I can't believe the prices for catbacks, $600 for this the magnaflow $1000, that's a lot of money for sound and no performance gain but each to their own. A competent shop would be able to similar for much cheaper.
I do like the way this one looks. The factory muffler is undoubtedly, the ugliest thing on the car. I like the size and look of these. I'd buy the mufflers, and have a good exhaust guy build it, all welded stainless. I'd probably leave the resonator. I'm still waiting to hear what the 2.0T even sounds like with something other than the stock muffler. Purely cosmetic, and maybe a little sound is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. The Sale price looks good.
Hopefully it will fit 2014 to 2018 V6 also. Should be close enough my muffler shop can figure it out.
Should be really loud outside without the resonator. The Cherokee has real good sound insulation so it should be ok for the driver.
Doesn't look like you have been off road. My new rear lower control arms are all scratched from gliding over rocks.
Everything under your TH is nice and shiny.
Nope, no off roading! LOL!

Just bought it last month. Basically have it for the snowy Midwest winters.

You know, even without the resonator I really don't think it's that loud. It's certainly not unlivable.

Before I got my Camaro I had a Coyote Mustang with Pypes long tube headers and high flow cats. Had basically straight pipes besides the cats. That was LOUD! :LOL:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't believe the prices for catbacks, $600 for this the magnaflow $1000, that's a lot of money for sound and no performance gain but each to their own. A competent shop would be able to similar for much cheaper.
Yeah, they're definitely NOT cheap.

You're right, a good muffler shop could probably come up with a custom setup. Sometimes though, you pay for convenience.

I work a lot of hours and for me, it was just easier to buy a complete system. Additionally and aesthetically, I really enjoy hearing the sound of the exhaust.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I do like the way this one looks. The factory muffler is undoubtedly, the ugliest thing on the car. I like the size and look of these. I'd buy the mufflers, and have a good exhaust guy build it, all welded stainless. I'd probably leave the resonator. I'm still waiting to hear what the 2.0T even sounds like with something other than the stock muffler. Purely cosmetic, and maybe a little sound is what I'm looking for.
Can of Black BBQ spray paint does wonders.......$10 mod and honestly the stock setup sounds just fine.......no drone, right Tyler? LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
Can of Black BBQ spray paint does wonders.......$10 mod and honestly the stock setup sounds just fine.......no drone, right Tyler? LOL
Definitely go with the hi temp paint..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fralic76
1 - 19 of 19 Posts