2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very simple mod for non-th's, will be stealth (hidden under front fascia)

2-10,000LB tow hooks that can be bought anywhere really (Princesauto, canadian tire or Equivilent)

Painted Red with matte clear coat

2x 3.5" x 1/2" class 8 bolts

Will install them tonight after work and post pictures

DRILLING REQUIRED.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Install time: ~1 Hour

Result: Very stealthy tow hook that can't be seen unless you are under the car.

Painted (original is black)

Before instalation

Cover removed

Aluminium frame

1/2" holes drilled

Installation with 1/4" spacer between hook and frame

Cover re-installed, cut cover around hook (easy to cut since its like cardboard)

After installation

· Registered
1,873 Posts
Good job! You'll be getting asked for some DIY instructions for sure, lots of members will want to do this.

Reactions: AGP

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He may have drilled all the way through to the top of that rail, and put the nut on the top.
First is right, drilled 1/2" all the way through and put nuts at the top.

3 1/2" bolts are just long enough to get the last threads on the bolt so washers wont fit unless you remove the 1/4" spacer that I put in.

· Registered
601 Posts
I can't quite tell from head on pic, but it looks like you are giving up about an inch on max approach versus original plastic/covers? Not sure that would really bug me, as alternative was no hard-points, just looking for get a bit of perspective on what folks could expect in brush country in terms of knowing how deep they can be till they need to begin thinking about accidently hooking stuff and needing to check/clean those once they get going forward again... Great adaptation though!

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't quite tell from head on pic, but it looks like you are giving up about an inch on max approach versus original plastic/covers? Not sure that would really bug me, as alternative was no hard-points, just looking for get a bit of perspective on what folks could expect in brush country in terms of knowing how deep they can be till they need to begin thinking about accidently hooking stuff and needing to check/clean those once they get going forward again... Great adaptation though!
\

Bigger tires and a lift would fix that :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.