2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I have a 2018 trailhawk 3.2L v6. Dashboard says “Front Parksence unavailable. Wipe off front sensor”. The troubled sensor is on the driver side. If you’re standing directly in front of the vehicle it’s the sensor on the number second from the driver side. I’ve attached a photo. I can get a tool behind it and reset the sensor back in the hole but I can’t get it to stay. Is this going to be a pain in the but fix? Is it worth it to get it fixed at the dealership? Any information helps. Thanks!
Hood Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
230 Posts
It probably has a broken plastic tab that allows it to fall in the bumper cover (stupid plastic). Should be able to replace the retainer ring and not the entire sensor. My F150 had the same problem with one of my rear sensor, went to Ford and ordered a new retainer ring, popped the original sensor in the new ring and snapped the unit in the bumper.

Hopefully MOPAR didn't incorporated the retainer ring with the sensor as one unit.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
554 Posts
You might also be able to glue it on from the back side with epoxy. It might have even been damaged slightly when the front bumper was removed to install the base plates. If you don't have enough room with the bumper on, its not hard to take off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts