2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered MOOG replacement LCAs. I need mine replaced.. They are clunking back and forth when accelerating and braking. Shop quoted 4 hour book time for replacement on my 4x4 KL.

Anyone else had them replaced???

Why so much time???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I ordered MOOG replacement LCAs. I need mine replaced.. They are clunking back and forth when accelerating and braking. Shop quoted 4 hour book time for replacement on my 4x4 KL.

Anyone else had them replaced???

Why so much time???

That's probably about right, $250-300 for labor. How much did you find your parts for?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's probably about right, $250-300 for labor. How much did you find your parts for?
Partsgeek.com

Anyone have access to see what the details are for replacement on the 2014 3.2L Trailhawk??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Partsgeek.com

Anyone have access to see what the details are for replacement on the 2014 3.2L Trailhawk??

You might as well do the whole front end while it's apart, and up in the air. Tie rods, and anything else with rubber is worth checking out while you're under there.

Reactions: ern3

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might as well do the whole front end while it's apart, and up in the air. Tie rods, and anything else with rubber is worth checking out while you're under there.
Yeah I would normally do that the shop said tie rods and other parts are good but the strut mounts are bad so I'll have to replace those bitches too....

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
I did mine myself, half a day, plus an alignment. [Edit: added instructions and photos]

If the struts are bad, it is best to do them at the same time since it'll be tore down to that level anyway. Plus, it'll save you a 2nd alignment.

0804171611-1.jpg

0805171602.jpg

0805171359.jpg

0806170534a-1-1.jpg
0805171415a.jpg

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts