2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
3.5" with spacers is about the max total height - unless you start cutting your door panel / window mount apart. Not much room to play with on the back side, but you have about an extra inch you can move toward the door panel grill with. I've got JBL GTO930's in at 3.66" and it is slightly flexing the panel grill, but is secure.

Not sure on OEM amplified, but on base 4 ohm dash is way too bright and completely saturates the mids in the doors, based on how they are ran parallel with door - unless you put physical inline resistors to lower the wattage.

Not sure if its the same on OEM amplified -... but just found out the hard way after PAC updated their details on these after I already purchased that exact harness kit from ebay... that our Jeep Cherokee's don't play nicely with it. I ended up just running speedwire and tapping into high level inputs. I gotta look into Alfaobd now and see how much help that might be.
Hey, I have the same JBL GTO930 6x9 speakers and I noticed they're def on the bigger side when it comes to proper fitment. How'd you get yours to fit? I ordered 1/4" spacers but those still aren't enough. They're installed currently but the bass is severely lacking because of the gap left from the speaker being big.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my 6 speaker system the dash speakers were 8 ohms and the doors 4 ohms.... I have no idea why they had 8 ohm ones in the dash.

I read (think it was jeepgarage) that they wanted the dash speakers to act more as fill in, so they went with the 8 ohm to tone them down.

^^^ This.

I had the Mopar / Kicker 3.5-inch upgrades, and they were a bit overpowering for my taste (they are now for sale for 50.00$). After replacing them with the TS-A709 Pioneer 2.75-inch speakers, I had a day to drive around and listen to them. The pioneer A709's are 4 ohms but rated at 82db (not very loud or efficient). The JBL GT7-96 are rated for 94db (fairly loud and efficient). The mix to me seems like a perfect blend, more balanced and enveloping.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts