2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there !

I purchased my first ever jeep last month, and I went with a (lightly used) 2020 cherokee trailhawk. I am only a little bummed out I couldn't get one with the panoramic moonroof and heated seats, but am still loving it anyways.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried to put in a moonroof/sunroof or heated seats post-purchase (if it's even worth it)?

Also looking at these mods! Any thoughts/advice would be lovely.
  • 2" Lift Kit from MFC
  • Tires - DYNAPRO AT2 - SIZE: 245/65R17
  • Roof Rack + Ladder from MFC
  • Light Bar/Pods - no idea where from yet (help !!)
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver - Mopar
  • Bumper bar + winch kit - Rocky Road or Frog Fab??
    • It's a requirement in BC to display a front license plate too, and no idea how to do that with these setups :(

Little did I know there was so much great off-roading in the backcountry of BC. Jerusha has some battle scars already (oops, the price of learning). Pics for fun !

Thanks y'all.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Sky Vehicle

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Hello there !

I purchased my first ever jeep last month, and I went with a (lightly used) 2020 cherokee trailhawk. I am only a little bummed out I couldn't get one with the panoramic moonroof and heated seats, but am still loving it anyways.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried to put in a moonroof/sunroof or heated seats post-purchase (if it's even worth it)?

• 2" Lift Kit from MFC
    • It's a requirement in BC to display a front license plate too, and no idea how to do that with these setups :(

Little did I know there was so much great off-roading in the backcountry of BC. Jerusha has some battle scars already (oops, the price of learning). Pics for fun !

Thanks y'all.

View attachment 214683
View attachment 214684
View attachment 214685
Welcome from Utah!!! I think having a panoramic sunroof installed would be very expensive. As for adding heated seats, also pretty expensive, and would likely require changing out the seats, and adding the control systems, and wiring, among other things. I've actually never seen any Trailhawk without heated seats. Seems weird to me...馃槑

Registered
Check on the Uconnect screen and see if you can find an icon for heated seats.
This isn't easy, trying to figure out Uconnect is challenging.
Go to a Jeep dealer and have them print the "build sheet" for your Jeep, then you will know what it has.
Don't worry that you didn't buy it from them.
You WILL need a Jeep dealer so may as well introduce yourself.
I really loved BC and Victoria when I was there last Century.
Read this forum, you will discover great information.

Registered
I would say that trying to get the panoramic sunroof installed would be prohibitively expensive. Just for running the cable was $1,500 that opens and closes the roof. That wouldn't even include cutting the roof, the glass, the shade, the motors, the mounts.... As far as heated seats, you could just get those aftermarket heated seats that plug into the 12v. If you're creative enough, you can take the leather off the seat and take the heating element and install it underneath to make it look factory. As far as roof rack, i'm still a GOBI guy, they do a really good job on the roofrack and ladder. If you want to check out BC stuff, look up The Story Until Now on youtube, they are based out of BC.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Utah!!! I think having a panoramic sunroof installed would be very expensive. As for adding heated seats, also pretty expensive, and would likely require changing out the seats, and adding the control systems, and wiring, among other things. I've actually never seen any Trailhawk without heated seats. Seems weird to me...馃槑
Honestly, I said the same thing! But it seems like it didn't have any :( Thanks for the tip tho. I think I can live without a sunroof. Would rather spend that money on the other items.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check on the Uconnect screen and see if you can find an icon for heated seats.
This isn't easy, trying to figure out Uconnect is challenging.
Go to a Jeep dealer and have them print the "build sheet" for your Jeep, then you will know what it has.
Don't worry that you didn't buy it from them.
You WILL need a Jeep dealer so may as well introduce yourself.
I really loved BC and Victoria when I was there last Century.
Read this forum, you will discover great information.

I will check it out! I did get this from a dealer originally, and the build sheet didn't say anything about heated seats. :cry:

Yes, BC is really great! I've gone out almost every weekend since I bought the jeep a month ago!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say that trying to get the panoramic sunroof installed would be prohibitively expensive. Just for running the cable was $1,500 that opens and closes the roof. That wouldn't even include cutting the roof, the glass, the shade, the motors, the mounts.... As far as heated seats, you could just get those aftermarket heated seats that plug into the 12v. If you're creative enough, you can take the leather off the seat and take the heating element and install it underneath to make it look factory. As far as roof rack, i'm still a GOBI guy, they do a really good job on the roofrack and ladder. If you want to check out BC stuff, look up The Story Until Now on youtube, they are based out of BC.
Thanks for the tip, that definitely makes sense.

And ah!!! I mixed up the brands - the one I was looking at was definitely Gobi. Just have to save for a couple months to be able to afford it.
Thanks ! I will check those guys out on youtube!!

Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Hello there !

• 2" Lift Kit from MFC

Thanks y'all.

View attachment 214683
View attachment 214684
View attachment 214685

Everyone knows the white TH looks the best! LOL

I have the lift and larger tires on mine currently, and actually want to do most of the other mods you have listed. My next objective though, and one I would recommend you consider adding to your list, is rock rails/rock sliders. It adds protection for your door panels, wheels/tires, and I'm sure I'm missing some other protection benefits, and adds a strong base to use a hi lift jack if you so chose. You have three options for those Frog Fab, Rocky Road, and Mopar. There are a few variations of them as well depending on how far you want them to stick out to use as a running board as well as protection, or more tucked away. I'm debating between the Frog Fab and Mopar. I like the cleaner look of the Mopar, but like the additional benefits of the Frog Fab since they double as a step. Plus the Mopar are around 1000 USD before shipping and the Frog Fab even shipped down to Texas are around 850 USD after everything so that's obviously a factor...

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat

I have the lift and larger tires on mine currently, and actually want to do most of the other mods you have listed. My next objective though, and one I would recommend you consider adding to your list, is rock rails/rock sliders. It adds protection for your door panels, wheels/tires, and I'm sure I'm missing some other protection benefits, and adds a strong base to use a hi lift jack if you so chose. You have three options for those Frog Fab, Rocky Road, and Mopar. There are a few variations of them as well depending on how far you want them to stick out to use as a running board as well as protection, or more tucked away. I'm debating between the Frog Fab and Mopar. I like the cleaner look of the Mopar, but like the additional benefits of the Frog Fab since they double as a step. Plus the Mopar are around 1000 USD before shipping and the Frog Fab even shipped down to Texas are around 850 USD after everything so that's obviously a factor...
I was going to say, isn't Frog Fab in Vancouver, but I see they're in Montreal. Not sure where I got Vancouver from...LOL!!!馃槑

Read Only

Welcome to the club from Austin! Nice looking Trailhawk!
But no鈥he white is epically awesome but Firecracker Red rules. 馃榿
I have the Rocky Road rock rail and really love them. Not too expensive if I remember. You can see them clearly in the pictures I鈥檝e uploaded. I鈥檇 get rock rails before the lift and tires quite frankly. The Trailhawks come with a 1鈥 lift already and rails are serious protection. You can really screw up a vehicle by landing too hard in a wrong place and it鈥檚 far easier to do than you think when out on a trail. 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I really really do love the white look of it, even though I know it means I will soooo much time cleaning it after every adventure haha.

Also, yes! I was looking at rock rails as well. I should def add them to the list. Thanks for your advice!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the club from Austin! Nice looking Trailhawk!
But no鈥he white is epically awesome but Firecracker Red rules. 馃榿
I have the Rocky Road rock rail and really love them. Not too expensive if I remember. You can see them clearly in the pictures I鈥檝e uploaded. I鈥檇 get rock rails before the lift and tires quite frankly. The Trailhawks come with a 1鈥 lift already and rails are serious protection. You can really screw up a vehicle by landing too hard in a wrong place and it鈥檚 far easier to do than you think when out on a trail. 馃槑
WOW your red one looks SUPER cool as well! I am a huge fan of white though, to each their own :)

But solid advice, thanks! The lift is definitely first on the list haha. Luckily, my boyfriend is a car mechanic and so he's excited (probably more so than me) to have all these mods done haha.

Registered
I believe only the 鈥淓lite鈥 model comes with mesh leather seats w/heat and vent. Look great but damn pain to get chocolate out of. Just sayin鈥︷煒
Its not as bad as you think, turn on the heated function, use a vacuum and afterwards, wet towel. If its really mashed in, you can take the seat covers off as they are only attached through plastic clips.

Reactions: 130938

Registered
I had a sunroof installed 6 mos after i took delivery of my 2014. Went to an aftermarket installer recommended by the dealership. Not panaramic but serves the purpose. Solid window and install. A Webestos sunroof.

Registered
I think the heated seats were part of the "cold weather package" which includes heated exterior mirror, heated wiper blade (actually the windshield where they rest) and a block heater if I remember right. Mine has it. I am stunned that they sold any Jeep in Canada without the CWP. Mine has it and I am in Sunny Southern Canada (Washington State). If heated seats it is on the Uconnect screen (as mentioned). Nice white Jeep....definately lift and rock rails to protect and better enable your Jeep (at least that is what I did). Then I upgraded tires (well....after 5 years of ownership). Beyond that.......get dirty!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts